It's my Friday and I need help

Hey there! We have all been through this. Every time you say “no” to a craving it gets a little bit easier. Before you do anything alcohol related, jump on here.

My friday ritual, in the beginning…I bought cake. I went home and ate it. It was a mini celebration that I made it another week.

8 Likes

I agree with finding a new ritual. It can be healthy or indulgent. Ice cream, long walk outside with a podcast, a movie, going to an exercise class, you,g to bed early. Or anythung else you can think of. Try physically going to a new location after work. It will change your mindset. Of course, there are always AA meetings. Try it a few times.Good luck!

5 Likes

What worked for me early on was to change things up a bit. Listen to different music. Take a different route home. Long hot afternoon showers. Change things up.
If nothing changes.
Nothing changes.
:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

5 Likes

Maybe hype yourself up for something else you love? Get your favorite food, or treats, both? Go home and binge watch your favorite shows or movies!

3 Likes

Generally watch a lot of movies. So far I’m not feeling like drinking. But, I think im getting sick. Nose is running and sinuses are starting to hurt. Blessing an a crappy situation to start to get sick on my Friday. This is the last weekend I get off for a month or so too. Then I’ll switch to week days off.

2 Likes

Chime in on the Friday Thread! It’s the happening place. Heads up it is more active on actual Fridays of course but still - Friday is a concept right? End of week :innocent:

1 Like

Have a bath! Baths are very soothing when I’m sick.

Make some hot water with honey. Yummy and also soothing :innocent:

3 Likes

Is it just me or is today Thursday? I know that the other side of the world isn’t that far ahead of the US… right?

1 Like

Haha, technically it is Friday now in Australia but I think what they mean is today is the end of their working week. It is the same for me too as I only work Monday to Thursday.

Hope you feel better soon @Techpro92 I celebrate the weekend now in the way I did in my early teens, books, good TV, yummy food etc.

4 Likes

You can come out the other end brotha. I’m 15 days clean off methadone and still being put through the ringer with withdrawls so bad I can’t take it but it will be okay man…the time will go by regardless! Dig deep

2 Likes

Stopped by after work and got a snack. Also ended up not feeling too well. So, being half sick helped me go home and just lay down.

3 Likes

Thanks man I appreciate it. This will be the first weekend I’ve managed to not drink in a long time. Also apparently I’m sick. So that helped. Stuffy nose and sore throat and such.

1 Like

I got some food on the way home. Also, it’s hard to tell whom I’ve replied to and who I haven’t on the app.

1 Like

I belive u can do it if u want it bad enough. I have a month supply of methadone and I’m not touching it till I give it back to thr clinic. Praying for you man. It gets easier though we just have to go through a bit of hell, a bit if hurt and face our demons but in 5 years this won’t mean shit. That’s not saying imnnot crying at night from 23 days sleeping an hour a night or other head issues but fk it

Haha yeah my days off change every month. One schedule Monday-Thursday. The other is friday-monday. And thanks. Going to make some tea and then watch some Netflix. With being kinda sick. It removed my desire to drink. All I could think about was laying down and sleeping. Probably end up passing out watching Netflix.

1 Like

Give it time and the AP becomes easy…I was confused as hell with it 8n the beginning

1 Like

how aRE YOU HOLDING UP

1 Like

Glad your home and chilling out.

1 Like

This was a motivational read for me. Nice job reaching out in advance and making a plan. :muscle:t3: I hope you are feeling better soon.

1 Like

Glad you managed Friday without drinking, and get better soon!

1 Like