It's my Friday and I need help

Okay, so I just woke up and while I’m feeling in the mood. I know when the end of work rolls around im going to want to stop by the liquor store. Usually I give in and im going to try asking for help this time way in advance. Then around the last 35 minutes before I leave work I’ll hop on here and ready everything and reply. Usually lose all desire and ability to say no and just say screw it. I’ll go to the store, ill control myself this time. Or why even bother? No one really loves me, might as well go home and drink in front of the pc till I pass out again. Anyway, thanks in advance for all possible motivation. Time to start getting ready for work.

11 Likes

Have a good time work instead of the demon drink get a takeout instead watch a few movies listen to some music.come rant on here anything to take your focus off the booze :muscle:

5 Likes

Hey there! We have all been through this. Every time you say “no” to a craving it gets a little bit easier. Before you do anything alcohol related, jump on here.

My friday ritual, in the beginning…I bought cake. I went home and ate it. It was a mini celebration that I made it another week.

8 Likes

I agree with finding a new ritual. It can be healthy or indulgent. Ice cream, long walk outside with a podcast, a movie, going to an exercise class, you,g to bed early. Or anythung else you can think of. Try physically going to a new location after work. It will change your mindset. Of course, there are always AA meetings. Try it a few times.Good luck!

5 Likes

What worked for me early on was to change things up a bit. Listen to different music. Take a different route home. Long hot afternoon showers. Change things up.
If nothing changes.
Nothing changes.
:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

5 Likes

Maybe hype yourself up for something else you love? Get your favorite food, or treats, both? Go home and binge watch your favorite shows or movies!

3 Likes

Generally watch a lot of movies. So far I’m not feeling like drinking. But, I think im getting sick. Nose is running and sinuses are starting to hurt. Blessing an a crappy situation to start to get sick on my Friday. This is the last weekend I get off for a month or so too. Then I’ll switch to week days off.

2 Likes

Chime in on the Friday Thread! It’s the happening place. Heads up it is more active on actual Fridays of course but still - Friday is a concept right? End of week :innocent:

1 Like

Have a bath! Baths are very soothing when I’m sick.

Make some hot water with honey. Yummy and also soothing :innocent:

3 Likes

Is it just me or is today Thursday? I know that the other side of the world isn’t that far ahead of the US… right?

1 Like

Haha, technically it is Friday now in Australia but I think what they mean is today is the end of their working week. It is the same for me too as I only work Monday to Thursday.

Hope you feel better soon @Techpro92 I celebrate the weekend now in the way I did in my early teens, books, good TV, yummy food etc.

4 Likes

You can come out the other end brotha. I’m 15 days clean off methadone and still being put through the ringer with withdrawls so bad I can’t take it but it will be okay man…the time will go by regardless! Dig deep

2 Likes

Stopped by after work and got a snack. Also ended up not feeling too well. So, being half sick helped me go home and just lay down.

3 Likes

Thanks man I appreciate it. This will be the first weekend I’ve managed to not drink in a long time. Also apparently I’m sick. So that helped. Stuffy nose and sore throat and such.

1 Like

I got some food on the way home. Also, it’s hard to tell whom I’ve replied to and who I haven’t on the app.

1 Like

I belive u can do it if u want it bad enough. I have a month supply of methadone and I’m not touching it till I give it back to thr clinic. Praying for you man. It gets easier though we just have to go through a bit of hell, a bit if hurt and face our demons but in 5 years this won’t mean shit. That’s not saying imnnot crying at night from 23 days sleeping an hour a night or other head issues but fk it

Haha yeah my days off change every month. One schedule Monday-Thursday. The other is friday-monday. And thanks. Going to make some tea and then watch some Netflix. With being kinda sick. It removed my desire to drink. All I could think about was laying down and sleeping. Probably end up passing out watching Netflix.

1 Like

Give it time and the AP becomes easy…I was confused as hell with it 8n the beginning

1 Like

how aRE YOU HOLDING UP

1 Like

Glad your home and chilling out.

1 Like