IV addiction

Has any other IV addicts found by starting using needles that the actual ritual of fixing up a shot and performing the injection to be as intoxicating and mind consuming as the drug craving itself. When I crave meth I don’t imagine the high I just picture when the blood registers and enters the syringe. Just that imagery can really knock me about

4 Likes

Hi,
I’m not an IV user but I can relate. For me, just knowing I am going to score gives me a better high than using the drug itself. It is very powerful.

Certainly is, brain is releasing dopamine as soon as you send a txt to your dealer. It’s an exciting rush to know your about to be high.

It doesn’t matter if ur not IV I still here to help if you want it, like someone to talk back n forth about your recovery personally.

Also is it true like in TV etc. That in the US dealers are literally on the street n u can always score.
Cos in Australia that simply doesn’t happen, you have to know your dealer n have his number etc. Worked well for me cos I’ve deleted all my dealers numbers and it’s made shit slot easier

2 Likes

I have a trusted dealer and never buy on the street.

I tried deleting his number but its burned into memory unfortunately. So I must take other steps to stay away from him.

I wouldn’t even know who to go to if I didn’t know him. The quality of the product is very poor now and his business is way down and I’m hoping he just ‘retires’ (he’s my mom’s age, 76, sheesh!).

Can definitely relate, even the paraphernalia is triggering for me and I’m 4.5 years from last IV use.

1 Like

That’s amazing. You should be proud girl. Its not easy. Your doing amazing :hugs:

I totally relate. When I used H and was sick going into the city to cop, all I could think of was the “ritual.” I haven’t used Heroin in 14 years but still have dreams about now and again. Its a scar.

I remember this, for sure.
It’s one of the million or 2 things that get better in time.
I promise :wink:

Studies show that in pregnancy the baby starts to curl up as soon as the mom thinks about reaching for the smoke/drink/drug.
I agree that I already have this disconnect with rolling up and serving up my drinks.
Bless you to draw on all your higher power to withstand temptation :pray:t4: