I've been smoking weed pretty much daily for 6 years now and have been wanting to stop for some time but am finding it really difficult to make the move and quit

I have chronic pain and use it to help me just zone out away from it all but it’s not doing me any good and I find myself just smoking more and more with no effect.
Does anyone have any advice on how to quit and manage it for good?

Welcome! I personally do not have any experience with this but there is a ton of info and advice on the topic already posted around the forum.

If you use the search function at the top of the Home Screen you can search by keyword(s) probably find answers to almost all your questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey bro I found weed to have 0 pain relief benefits. 17 years of smoking. If it worked, they would use it instead of Panadol and all the heavy crap. It’s just another addiction, one that I am in the true grip of. Atm I clean my bong water more then I brush my teeth which is not like me at all. The longer you smoke the harder it is to be happy in a world without it. Start cutting down if you can. Have you tried vaping with nic? Might take the edge off.

1 Like

I REALLY want to stop but I get depressed and have anxiety if I don’t smoke.

1 Like

just like to congratulate you on the longest title to a thread I have ever seen. :grin:

6 Likes

I currently have other pain killers but they don’t seem to help so need to contact my gp. I’ve been cutting down for a while but think I need to cut it to one a day and then none instead of keeping on getting and smoking most of it.
I’ve tried vapes before but I’m not a massive fan tbh

Why thank you :rofl:

2 Likes

Weed is by nature a good cure for many ills and although experts have different views on the affects of it long term I’ve been smoking it every day for over 30 years. Like other addictions there is no magic cure, you’ll have sleepless nights or crazy dreams, be irritable and bored but over time you will gain energy and motivation, stop being so paranoid and become more outwardly towards others. If you smoke it in a joint with tobacco most of the cravings will be nicotine withdrawel so get some lozenges for that. Buy some mints to suck on as well. Painkillers for the headaches, calomile tea for bedtime. After about 4 or 5 days you will feel a difference but like most things your gonna have to just grin and bare it at times. Don’t drink alcohol either bc that will make you want to smoke too. Good luck and I wish you well on your journey.

1 Like

Im on 3 months no weed I smoked weed since I was 11 I’ll be 39 in february.its a basterd coming off not gonna lie life feels weird without it idk I fell off a plane at work hurt my back so I did the whole narcotic thing for 5 yrs its easier to come off narcotics than weed at least for me I’ll take 4-5 days of hell than 5-6 weeks of hell I couldn’t sleep at all I’d get violently mad,really anxious headaches sweating profusely couldn’t think couldn’t concentrate it’s a roller coaster ride mentally depression happy sad angry happy etc.now I’m golden I sleep good no anger just get bored nothing excites me I don’t laugh or joke around no more.but I had to come off it I didn’t care about anything and spent 1000$ a month on it.best thing go to your Dr and talk to him he can help your gonna need something to sleep go prescription route if you don’t have problems with pills if you do try valerian or sleepy time tea or something the anxiety sucks 2.i broke and got some Klonopins after the 3rd week I would sleep a HR or 2 a night or none at all I almost lost my job the Klonopins saved my ass was able to sleep again I took them for a week after about week 5-6 the withdrawal symptoms were pretty much gone.i smoked all day from the time I woke up at work after work I was eating it using concentrates and smoked for years might not be as bad for you.i quit for 3months last yr it was the same symptoms lasted 5-6 weeks after about the 8th I was sleeping normally etc I didn’t feel dead inside last time this time I do it heka sucks no joy anymore.good luck man you got this just be prepared for the sleeplessness anxiety and moodybasterditis :grin:

I feel you man it sucks

Ya that was a big reason I smoked before I knew it was dropping heka $ on it and tbh smoking so much it made me hurt worse once it wore off kinda like painkillers gave rebound pain

Thank you!
The moody basterditis is one of my main concerns but gotta do it. The only way I know if I can is to try

1 Like

I know the struggle deep, I’m 73 days clean of narcotics, weed and alcohol…
I was a wake and bake lady and functioned well fine, never had an issue smoked from the age of 14 now I’m 32… So 18 years.
I’m gonna say its not easy but it’s do able, I’m at a point that smell makes my stomach turn.

What helped for me is doing more, I started walking more and I mean like 2/3 hour walks… When I’d get the itch.
Drinking more fluids and staying away from crap food, all of that just made me want the buzz odlf weed more.

I researched Alot, on actually what weed was doing to my brain as over time the percentage of pyscosis is higher, the paranoia is fed more and the chemicals effect you more on anxiety etc. I went to my GP and was open about all of this, I’m now at day drug rehab, where I’m drug tested meaning I have to prove to myself and others that I can do this. Also being around like minded people and just talking made me settle more and not cave!

Being on TS has been a massive support, I talk to so many people through the comments and also privately on how I’m feeling. I don’t let myself get annoyed on not having the drug.
I also deleted my dealers number, changed phones and avoided any content about drugs at the start, I didn’t want my mind to wonder and again crave for the drug.
I wish you the best on this journey and it can be done have a little faith in yourself and be kind to yourself beating yourself up does nothing!

2 Likes