Jealousy and sobriety

Good words, well done👍

1 Like

How was the wedding?

It was a blast! Had so much fun and didn’t drink then nor the whole vacation.

2 Likes

Omg amazing!
And you had réal fun not fake.
How was it to observe the others?
You did great!

@Jane.c
So you really want to black out completely…
Is there something hurting so bad that you feel the desire to be numb?
Love yourself, you dont want this
Your body is your temple

Treat it well.
And respect for speeking your opinion. So brave x

1 Like

You have freed yourself from those awfull hangovers .
Thats very important x

1 Like

I understand that overwhelming desire to escape and numb. For me, that was the hardest part of getting sober. Did I miss the taste, the ritual, the fun buzz that came with a few? Sure, but I could do without those things. What I didn’t think I could do without were my complete escapes from my reality - as laden with shame, sickness, and regret as they were.

I’d be lying if I said that I am completely free of wanting that escape now - but I can honestly say that, at 17 months sober, it is so, so much better. My lows aren’t nearly as low. The emotional swings, firey anger, and crippling depression don’t rule my life anymore. There are moments of actual peace - and they get more frequent the longer I’m sober.

I guess what I’m saying is that, for me, it was worth hanging on and fighting through those painful emotions that surfaced in the early months. They forced me to do work that years of therapy didn’t touch - and I’m so much better for it. As hard as it is, it sounds like you are right where you are supposed to be, doing the hard work. Know that you have all of us behind you…

9 Likes

Nailed it!!!?

Wow! Just quoting myself. I’ve come along way from 12 days sober. To all the new comers, let me be a testament that you too can become a non drinker and get through all the barbecues, weddings, parties, sports events, brunches, etc being the non drinker in the crowd. I don’t even consider drinking now. I’m on day 334.

4 Likes