Joe and Charlie

I strongly recommend listening to Joe and Charlie interpret the Big Book on youtube.com. They do each chapter. Having personal knowledge of the author, they give clarity to the essential elements to recovery from alcoholism - what is alcoholism, what it really means to be powerless over alcohol, and how doing the steps contribute to recovery from alcoholism. Remember, the Big Book was written in the 30’s. The syntax and grammar used does not translate very well today and the author was very resistant to editorial suggestions. Knowing the author, they help make the Big Book more understandable and relevant to today’s audience. Plus they are extremely entertaining.

9 Likes

I don’t click on links barely ever but I believe this one will get my attention this afternoon. Thank you for sharing. Great to see you around here again my friend

Truly, you will not regret a listen. Read along with your copy of the Big Book.

1 Like

They are fantastic. Really helped me early on. Thanks for sharing.

1i just heard about this last night in a meeting. That I heard this message twice now seems a sign to tune in! Thank you.

I adore Joe and Charlie.
I also use the book “the steps we took” Joe McQ along with my big book and 12 & 12.
I do try to “over complicate” the big book. Joe and Charlie got that right for sure! Lol

2 Likes

now gonna buy it, thanks.

2 Likes

Its great. He even included worksheets in there for steps 4 & 8. I enjoy how they kept it simple. So many try to over complicate it. I know I used to also. Lol

The most important thing for me about the whole program and the biggest relief was when my sponsor told me to forget everything I know about alcohol and recovery and that I don’t have to think anymore.
Finally I just had to listen and do what I was told and it had to be simple, I’ve been over complicating life for far too long.

1 Like

Yes!!! We alcoholics seem to love to over complicate things :rofl: simple, not easy but definitely simple. Its the simple part that really confuses us. I think Joe said that about the simple confusing us. Lol
Hope you enjoy the book. I sure am.

2 Likes

Another good book from Joe. Currently attending a 30 person Joe and Charlie step study once a week. The men that I take through the steps, we use the Joe & Charlie step guide. If it’s not broke, don’t fix it. It serves us well. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing that. I will be ordering that one.

1 Like

Thank you for digging this thread out. There is an app available. Interesting. I’ll have a look.

2 Likes

I use the app also. I really enjoy their reminders of simplicity and logic. It keeps me in line and from getting to far out there.

2 Likes