Journal Notes

Hi all
I recently updated my Sober Time App and appear to have lost all my past Journal notes! Does anyone know if it is possible to retrieve them? I am wondering if they are backed up somewhere?
Thanks,
Mike

2 Likes

Not sure…let me tag a few of the other moderators…they might know.
@Eke @SassyRocks @Lisa07

2 Likes

I am not 100% sure, but did you do a Cloud Sync prior? It can be found in Settings from the main page (before you go to the forum). Maybe check there to see if any back ups?? @Eke or @Lisa07 are likely more knowledgeable on this than I am. If they cannot help, we can ask Robin.

1 Like

If you deleted the app and reinstalled it, you will lose all journal entries unless you paid for premium which comes with the cloud feature. Same goes with getting a new phone.
If you just updated the app you had, all your info is saved and Robin can retrieve it.

2 Likes

The journal feature I’m not totally sure. Yes, you may have to have had the cloud backup feature.

In any case, you’d also have to sign the app back in like Sassy noted in app settings to see what gets reloaded. Once signed in it should reload your app purchases for sure.

This should work from phone to phone, but may not work cross platform (Android <-> iOS). We’re still asking that ourselves recently.

As Lisa said though, if they disappeared after an app update, I’d first check you’re still signed in on the app (before the forum part). If still gone @Robin may help.

2 Likes

Yes, I did pay for Premium. Hopefully can still retrieve. Thanks

Since you purchased premium, all you have to do is restore. Click on the 3 dashes in the upper left corner of the app, then click on premium. There will be a half circle arrow in the upper right corner. Click on that to restore.

1 Like

Done all that, but still will not retrieve information. Thanks anyway.