Just a sad day

My sincere condolences to you and your family. :heart:

1 Like

I’m so sorry. ALS is a cruel cruel disease. I wish your family big love for these remaining weeks. God bless you all.

1 Like

I am so very sorry for you and your family’s loss.:heart:

1 Like

I’m so sorry David. I just read this thread for the first time.

Can I say a prayer for Apollo and his family?

1 Like

Absolutely man. He leaves behind two great kids and a wife.

I hate the cliches of things like he’s a guy who’d give you the shirt off his back, but there’s literally the kind of guy Apollo was.

Thanks for all the words folks, I’m saddened, the wife is really hurting… he was a brother to her.

@VSue ALS is a brutal and ugly thing, to see his deterioration was astounding… there’s no cure, no real way to fight it and live life the way you did.

4 Likes

Lord,

We lift up Apollo and his family right now. We’re sad that he is gone. And his family is suffering.

Please comfort his wife. Restore her hope over time. And the children too. Please watch over them. Bless them.

We don’t understand why such things happen. I guess we only have so many days here on this earth. But it sure does appear that Apollo clearly made his days count. Because so many were blessed by his presence. May his life be celebrated and be a positive influence to those that were close to him.

Also, we lift up our friend, David and his wife and family. Provide healing for their brokenness even if it takes time. Keep David strong and sober.

We pray this in Jesus’ name. Thank you.

Amen.

9 Likes

Beautiful man. Thank you from my heart.

Life can be ugly at times, only because of how beautiful it can be at other times, the ebbs and flows of life are better waded without a drink or a drug though and of that I am sure.

4 Likes

My sincere condolences to you, your wife, Apollo’s family, and every one who loved this man. May he rest in peace and may you all find some comfort…

1 Like

David, Apollo’s spirit has passed back to the Source. But lots of the love and energy will remain in your family as a cherished treasure. Blessings on your house, brother.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this David. My thoughts go out to his family and friends!

1 Like

Hugs. I’m sorry I missed the update that he passed. I am sure he was comforted being surrounded by those who loved and cherished him.

1 Like

Reading this brings tears to my eyes. I feel your pain and I’m so sorry for you and your family’s loss. May he rest in peace he’s definitely at a better place right now… :rose:

1 Like

@KevinesKay I don’t know you but you seem like a very beautiful loving person with a big heart. God bless you!!! What a beautiful prayer! :heart::heart:

3 Likes

I’m so sorry David. My condolences. He sure left his mark. Strength to all involved.

1 Like

So sorry for your loss David… sending you all strength and peace :pray:t2: beautiful prayer @KevinesKay AMEN xx :two_hearts:

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss, David. ALS is a fucker. A close family friend of mine lost his brother to ALS 20+ years ago, and he created a memorial fund in his honor. They’ve raised hundreds of thousands of dollars, maybe more, over the decades. Then, 2 years ago or so, he was diagnosed himself. It is a terrible disease to watch anyone suffer with.

People leave imprints on our hearts throughout our lives. Time, death, distance…none of those things can take that away. May you and your family find comfort in the imprints Apollo left on you.

2 Likes

I’m very sorry for your loss David. Hang on to the good memories.

2 Likes

People never die when there is someone around to remember them.

3 Likes