Just got a DUI

I just relapses and I got a dui. I feel like I’m too tired to fight this depression abs alcoholism.

1 Like

Sorry pal. Try to Get some rest. Talk to us when you wake up. Try to remember it could always be worse. You could’ve hit someone

1 Like

This could be the catalyst you need, you’ll be placed on probation and drug testing, pay fines possibly jail time. Use it to renew your sobriety and recovery. You can continue to fight, you can heal and get well but it takes effort and more just being sober in most cases.

6 Likes

I relapsed December 26 and got my 4th owi March 10th. For me I believe it was what I needed to get back in the program. I had 2 years and thankfully I didn’t injure myself or others. To me it’s all about perspective and thank God I didn’t harm anyone in a way that hopefully I cant fix. I know I hurt a lot of ppl and broke a lot of trust, but hopefully through the steps I can repair that over time with my loved ones. All I’m trying to do in my similar situation is wake up and be the best me I can be each day, which of course included not drinking bc that me is a selfish asshole who only cares about drinking and nobody else. I hope the best for ya bud and just remember it’s just a temporary setback. What I’ve done and who I was isn’t going to define who I am and what I’m going to do today.

3 Likes

Kinda have no choice from here but to get sober now or later when your forced to get sober by a po and /or drug court/dui class. So that choice is yours…going back to habit is going to make things worse not better…

1 Like

Could I ask what a DUI is please?

Driving while under the influence… driving buzzed or drunk

1 Like

Thankyou and oh no… that must be hard. I haven’t done that foe many years now but I used to do it all the time to nip for more alcohol… it’s amazing what we think is ok once alcohol is on pur system. Feeling for for you.

I just got done with a DWI. Had drug and alcohol testing. Did a little jail time. I only have court fees left to slowly pay off. It sucks dealing with the courts but it was definitely my eye opener to turn my life around. I hope in the end it all works out for you. Best of luck.

2 Likes

A lot of people I know have used the police or legal system as their first higher power because it was a power greater than themselves. I know it seems weird, but a lot of good sobriety started with an arrest.

5 Likes

Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. In my case alcohol

Thank you everyone. I’m just trying to be positive. I have a lot of upcoming legal matters. I feel awful. But I thank God that I didn’t hurt anyone. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself.

1 Like

I got one 7 years ago. I sobered up for awhile after that. Sorry bro.

1 Like

Two DUIs here. My first one wasn’t enough to get me to realize that I needed help. My second one, my BAC was a .36 and I weigh 110 pounds, I was completely unconscious. That was my cry for help. I got court ordered into an outpatient addiction treatment program and it’s saving my life. Along with intense therapy, group therapy, and regular meetings.

Don’t stop fighting.

5 Likes

Thank you for your reply. It is super helpful to me. I like what you said about it being an expensive way to sober up Now I will be held to all this court ordered stuff and have to do better.

2 Likes

Can I ask you what state you are in and what was your BAC? I am in California. I just got the dui 2 days ago and I just got a lawyer.

I know someone in cali that has gotten a dui if you are curious…