Just have to share today

Well buying a house is a helluva process! So much paperwork and angst! I started getting grays in my hair
:rofl::rofl::rofl: This started as we want, then quickly evolved into we need lol so it got pretty real, it would be heartbreaking to fall apart at this point. And it often feels like it would or still will because we donā€™t deserve to buy a house we want in an area we love. We had like a bajillion showings, and an open house and didnā€™t get a single offer, granted it had only been on the market for like 2 weeks but it was feeling like a failure and that we had missed our opportunityā€¦ then boom, an offer at listed price and another right after.

We are finally at appraisal stage for our place and for our future home, all goes well, weā€™ll be closing on the October 21st.

I donā€™t wish this kind of stress on anyone!

9 Likes

Today we got keys, we were supposed to close on the 21st, had a uhaul and our storage in itā€¦ then we got told nope. We had to sit all weekend with our stuff like 90% packed and that naggling suspicion of we donā€™t deserve a house.

Well fuck all that, we got our keys late, busted some hump and got like 50% moved in like 4 hours! Feels good, feels right!

13 Likes

Congratulations!

Youā€™re a homeowner!

Itā€™s a great feeling.

3 Likes

Congratulations, mate!
Buying a house sure is some crazy shit, and there is always some last minute bullshit to put a shit-cherry on the shit-pile of paperwork and chaos.
Really happy for you and your family. Most excellent!
YszX8f

3 Likes

The last minute bullshit was killing us! The type of shit where you say Iā€™m not even going to bother wiping, Iā€™m hopping straight into the shower :rofl::rofl: I donā€™t know how people move every couple of years unless they absolutely have too.

2 Likes

People that move often probably pay someone else to deal with the bullshit.
If I had the money I certainly would!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s awsome @CaptAZ :+1:
I send some virtual flowers as welcome to your house :sunflower::tulip:āš˜ :hibiscus: :potted_plant::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

12 Likes

I guess thatā€™s the new house? You all look happy! Iā€™ll happy for you too! Congrats!

1 Like

Friends donā€™t let friends wear Crocs.
:rofl:

CONGRATULATIONS!
With your skills youā€™ll really be able to make this house a home, and so much more.
Awesome!

2 Likes

The youngest 2 love their crocs :man_shrugging::man_shrugging: Iā€™m a slides guy.

@Olivia definitely a dream come true :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Huge Congratulations!
What a beautiful happy bunch you got there.
Buying a home is probably the most stressful life experiences and you did it sober. Woo hoo!

4 Likes

Seeing your latest renovation and your 2,000 day postā€¦I had to do some digging to find a post that I remembered and that resonated so deeply for me on what sobriety offers us and how it is :100:% possible to begin again. This is that thread.

Congratulations again!! You get shit done!! :tada:

2 Likes

Itā€™s freaking crazy how life can turn around isnā€™t it!

Owning a foundation home was a dream I damn near buried in an unmarked grave.

I say thank you every day for another day sober, today is the most important day of my sobriety

3 Likes

It really is crazy. This life, I never imagined it was possible.

Waking up sober this morning, I am so grateful.

1 Like