Just keep trying

I recently found out an old friend i had a falling out with years ago passed away in 2021 from a fentanyl overdose. Ive been so heartbroken from this. I thought we’d both eventually grow up and put the pettiness in the past and be friends again and now we’ll never get that. Ill never see that face smile again. Im almost 7 months sober from alcohol and i almost lost it for second with that news. Im gonna keep trying one day at a time. Im gonna save money too and go to every bands concert he loved. Im gonna see them all for him. I bet hes gotta be having the best concert in heaven with juice and mac and the rest. I wish we both couldve grown up and sat in my truck again and talked. My heart is so broken. He used to unironically dress like tj from recess this kid was great smart too he just had his own demons. Lifes hard. Love your people man i know this is a little all over the place but love them you never know when the last time will be. And keep trying to get sober and stay sober. Just keep trying no matter how many times it takes just keep trying

14 Likes

Sorry about your friend. My buddy passed away years ago on Xmas day from an overdose. Not fentanyl, but alcohol and perks. It’ was hard. But keep doing what you’re doing and live life for them. Great job on your almost 7 months :muscle:. You’re doing great. ODAAT. :v:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Your share is a lesson for me…

3 Likes

Little windows in time, when people pass, these shared windows close. Your left to remember them alone. How we remember them is up to us. We can dwell in the sorrow they are no longer here, or choose to be happy for the chance to build a friendship. Those are gods blessings. They come quietly, leave an indelible mark on our heart/soul, and live for eternity in our memory.

Rest In Paradise to your friend,
Go live in peace in this life. Stay blessed :dizzy:

3 Likes