Just learning

So on September 26th 1996th my dad died of pancreatic cancer I can remember bits and pieces I remember the night after he passed the September 27th 1996th sometime in the middle of the night I woke up puking and when my mother cleaned me up I said “where did the family tree go” I was only 3yrs old the day he passed the reason I bring this up is because I just found that my mom has to see an oncologist and has to have both her overseas removed do to some very large tumors I’m extremely scared I’ve already lost one parent to cancer and now I’m terrified of the possibility of losing my mom both my greater grandmother’s had ovarian cancer so it just runs in the family

7 Likes

That’s tough and scary. Hope for the best and reach out to others like you are here. Best wishes to you and your mom.

2 Likes

Try to think of the removal of the ovaries are a step in the right direction. I know it’s not that easy but my first thought was getting them out will help. :kissing_heart::hugs:

5 Likes

Welcome to TS. I see you have been sober for a good spell. So…it goes without saying…Mom will need you to be sober. Do you have a program or other support in your life?

1 Like

I am going to community mental health at least twice a week and I am working on many other ways to organize my life so I stay sober and feel safe I live with family

3 Likes