Just made my first sober app

Just made my first sober counter! This is my first time being sober by choice in my whole 33 years! It’s actually my bday in 3 days and I’m in rehab in Southern California so I’m having a bit of a tough time. Just wanted to say hi and see what this app is about. Nice meeting you all :slightly_smiling_face:

25 Likes

Good for you John! Sounds like you’re taking constructive steps :innocent:

Welcome to Talking Sober!

2 Likes

Hello,
Glad to meet you aswell. Sobriety is worth it, take it easy on yourself and take it one day at a time, if you can stay sober one day then you can the day after. Always reach out before picking up again. Looking forward to many posts from you and how your life has changed.

2 Likes

Welcome to a fantastic sober community. There are people from all over the world with many different addictions.

Personally, this place and aa have given mee 870+ days free from weed and alcohol after 20years of active addiction. Its tough but its totally worth it.

You get what you put into your recovery

2 Likes

Hi John, glad you took that decision. It’s not easy. Birthdays are I think always triggering. Take care of yourself.

2 Likes

Hiya,
It’s a difficult start but it’s so much better living on the energy from fresh air than the temporary high from the poison we consumed. There are no regrets, no nausea, no costs… It’s free. Get to 4 weeks and you will see. It’s like being a kid again. Such simple things make you happy. Life is easier. Podcast sober elevator sends my mind to sleep, love it. Good luck you have already the worst over you hopefully

3 Likes

Welcome to a wonderful place to keep sober. Read all you can as so many wise successful folk here.

3 Likes

That’s amazing good luck happy early birthday you got this

3 Likes

Right on, John! Welcome to the TS/sober time app and hugs on reaching out. I too went inpatient and I know it was a huge help for me. Being with others who were sick & tired and also meeting with counselors who had good recovery time was a big wake up to me seeing a different way of doing life. So glad you are here!

4 Likes

Welcome to the community John. Congratulations on starting your sobriety journey. Glad you are in rehab getting help.

What a wonderful gift to give yourself…a sober birthday :tada:.

This is a wonderful supportive community filled with others who are also on the sobriety journey. All at different stages. I have been fortunate to be a part of the community for over a year and it’s been my home. Getting to interact with others who understand the struggle and can help you through the urges has been a life saver. The just for fun threads have been wonderful distractions as well.

Take some time to read around and join in when you are ready. Look forward to seeing you around

JT, it may seem like it, nor feel like it, however you are at the best PLACE for your birthday. You have taken the important step for a peaceful, productive future fir yourself and those around you

You may or may nit read The Bible, but its a scripture that reads this: when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

That is for you My Brother, I proud of you.

Short term pain, for LONG TERM GAIN!!! U GOT THIS