Just my life

So decided to get sober again. Been a while. Ive walked a path of drugs and alcohol throughout my life. I have an addiction driven personality. I gave up drugs and that nonsense. Even cut my drinking down to once a week. But like a vampire when I get a taste I just can not stop. I keep going. Drinking. I have ptsd maybe its self medicating. I know a lot of my brothers from the corps at leasr 1/2 have addiction issues. I am here for support and to support others. I dont have a wife or kids to support me. Which in reality is a blessing. Because that would mean I would have put them through some really bad experiences by my drinking. Anyway thanks for reading I appreciate it.

12 Likes

Welcome @Stuart_Orton thank you for sharing your story with us.
You’ll definitely find lots of support on here, from all of us. I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Wishing you all the very best on your journey!

1 Like

@Zara Thanks I appreciate it. This place looks like it is really full of good people :blush:

1 Like

You got this and we got your back!! Thank you for your service

1 Like

@Jomama224 Thanks I appreciate your words :blush:

1 Like

@Stuart_Orton Welcome to this forum. You will find lots of very caring people here. But if you truly want to get sober, you need to be commited and do the work. We can help.

1 Like

@DrunkNoMore appreciated thank you.

Welcome to the group and thank you for your service. These are some really fine folks we find ourselves in the company of.

And we all definitely owe you some support for all the time you’ve spent supporting our freedom and way of life!

2 Likes

@MrsJones I really appreciate what you said. It humbles me . Thank you very much.

1 Like

Welcome! You’ve come to a great place for non judgmental support. This forum is filled with people who can relate in there own way, and even if they can’t, they don’t alienate one another. No matter how alone we may feel or how difficult the struggle of addiction can be, here is a place where you don’t have to struggle alone. You can do it! It’s tough, but most of us with PTSD have survived worse :wink:

3 Likes

@Naturehippy Thanks . This place looks great and the people are great too ! I look forward to learning from others and helping where I am able.

Totally understand that whole vampire thing. I don’t understand the concept of having a couple drinks just to enjoy them. It’s all about drinking till my passed out. I’ve restarted my clock about 10 times now and am currently on day two… Last time I drank I made a fool of myself and was s complete asshole. I’m here for you for support! Good luck.

2 Likes

Hey Dhiggi ! Yeah I am nearly to day 3. It happens like that everytime with me too. I end up being a jerk online to people. Or in the worst cases arrested. It makes me feel an inch tall when I sober up and realize how much I have drank and how I conducted myself. Last time I drank I was supposed to just have a 12 pack. But at 11 I decided well I will have a bottle of wine . Slept the entire next day. Woke up and realized. If there hadnt been that bottle of wine. I would have ended up at a bar. I dont want to be remembered as the drunk jerk. I want to be remembered as a good man , good at being a man. Which means I have to man up and stay sober. Then do what I can to support others. I appreciate your support. You have mine as well 🖒🖒:muscle::muscle::+1::+1:

1 Like