Just need to let it out

… sorry I need to edit this

7 Likes

Yeah the pandemic made things worse for me to. While I’ve never been successful at really anything I don’t think anything changes the human condition I mean look at how many celebrities deal with depression and addiction. Here is a really good video of a speach from the lead singer of disturbed that I think might help or give you some perspective.

4 Likes

Thank you. I actually love disturbed I will watch this now.

1 Like

Awesome i do to. When you get done tell me your thoughts on it. After listening to the speech you should go the light by disturbed. Sometimes darkness can show the light. That song was made based on there own struggles too

2 Likes

Awesome share @cmllw and @Jackwoulf

We arent alone for sure

3 Likes

Thanks @Cjp i certainly thought it was inspirational when i first heard it. Almost wasn’t to make it is own topic

1 Like

@cmllw thanks for sharing your story so far. I see determination to get back on track, despite current choices. With so much sober time under your belt, I bet you have some knowledge, skills and tools to tackle your addiction again. You mentioned being a good provider for your loved ones. That in itself is a testament to your drive. Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like you have been caring for everyone but yourself. That’s just my thoughts, and not a judgement. Being compassionate instead of beating yourself up is a great but sometimes challenging method for rewiring your thought processes. Doing something for yourself may seem selfish, but sobriety is the time to be selfish about your needs and wants. Coming here, checking in, reading stories, advice or just chatting is a positive step, especially when cravings or challenges arise. AA or SMART meetings are a good way to bolster your drive, motivation and toolbox for your journey. Keep up the good fight. You’ve got this!

2 Likes

Oh my! Now powerful! I love him!:star2::star2::star2::star2:

1 Like