Just out of rehab, heres a bit of my story

Hey, im Simone :blush:
I just got out of rehab yesterday and i havent felt anything that made me more higher in life than being sober. Ive been drinking for years, practically since the age of 16, but it got worse in my early 20ā€™s till now. Im 27 almost 28 on july 28th. To make a long story short, I woke up one morning throwing up blood and I realized like damn im going to end up like my biological father if I donā€™t quit, NOT STOP, QUIT. At this point heā€™s living with cirrhosis of the liver dying with guilt and heartache for abandoning his family when we needed him the most and Iā€™m not trying to die young and be another statistic of my family. Honestly i didnā€™t want to be like the person I hated the mostā€¦ if that makes sense. But anyways i learned so much and i am learning to love myself again, getting my motivation back, my self love, perseverance, im getting my life back. I hated looking in the mirror and not recognizing the person looking back at me, but i also was so deep in that i just had the ā€œfuck itsā€. I didnt care about anything nor anyone, not even myself. All i cared about was the next shot i was going to drink. From the time i woke up to the time i closed my eyes, I craved and yearned for the taste of that sin. I was physically, emotionally, spiritually, and mentally drained and tired. I, myself, decided it was time to go to detox and rehab. It was a tough and mind altering battle between what i wanted and what i needed, but in the end i chose to do what i needed to do in order to get back to myself. I know im not going to be the same person i was but dammit ill become the person i want to be and thats all that matters. :smiling_face: thank you for reading this i really appreciate itā€‹:heart:

22 Likes

Welcome to TS Simone!
I am so proud of you for deciding to start your sober journey! And Iā€™m glad you are here with us!
Thereā€™s an amazing group of people who have been here since I joined almost 2 years ago.
Donā€™t be a stranger :people_hugging::heart:

1 Like

Hi @DFTSmileSober_Simone ,nice to meet you and welcome to ts itā€™s so nice to hear how much you want and will fight for your sobriety good luck now your out :+1:

1 Like

Not wanting to end up like a fucked up parent is actually pretty powerful motivation, I think. My parents are both addicts. I also hated my father for most of my life. Iā€™ve learned to forgive now, but I wonā€™t have him in my life. He is the textbook definition of a narcissist. Add on top of that a drug addict and an alcoholic. A lot of my motivation in recovery is to be as far from what he is as I can possibly be. One of the things I like most about being sober is that I feel like a winner. I donā€™t feel broken. I feel like my mind and body are finally functioning as they were meant to. I come from a long line of broken addicts and the feeling that I donā€™t have to be another one, that I can be mentally and emotional strong, is what keeps my head up and a smile on my face.

7 Likes

my family are just like yours and I love feeling like a winner too

2 Likes

Welcome to the community :heart: thereā€™s lots of support and like minded people here :blush:

2 Likes

I love that for you, bless you in your jouney and thank you!:smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I love the support and appreciation on ts. I think im going to be a member for quite awhile lol

2 Likes

Thank you!!