Just over 12 hours on day 1!

managed half a day so far, feel ok although got a headache coming on, just need to keep moving forward🙂

9 Likes

UPDATE* Now going to workout and distract my mind! Woo

4 Likes

Sometimes sobriety is one second at a time one minute at a time one hour at a time a half a day at a time a day at a time. Go online and try to find some good zoom meetings and attend those. Get some names and numbers of people you like and a sponsor. Keep up the good work exercise is great for helping the mind I just got done with a run this morning and trying to get back on track.

3 Likes

Your really right! It takes a massive weight off the shoulders to see im not the only one with these problems

Mine usually convinces me im depressed and nothing without it! But need to battle it into a corner!:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I was there 3 days ago! I’m on 3 days and 12 hours! Stay strong!

1 Like

Thats great! Keep that up!

you’re so close to completing your first day! :heart:

1 Like

Yeah i know seemed impossible but one day at a time as they say :muscle:

1 Like

i highly recommend jumping into a virtual meeting as well. there are many to choose from and its essential to most of us in recovery. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Feel quite silly asking this but what are they?

there is no silly question. every day since COVID, i go to an In The Rooms meeting. you have to create an account to join (really simple) and once there, you can navigate to the page ‘live video meetings’ where there is a weekly calendar list with all the meeting types (AA, NA, ALANON, CODA, etc). you can hop in anytime during a meeting. there are other websites people use on TS, but thats my preferred one because it’s really easy to use and they’re all day/evening.

2 Likes

Sounds really useful, i will look into it and see if it works for me, thankyou for that

1 Like