Just started SLAA

I just started SLAA it’s something I needed to do for a long time. For the first 14 yrs of living together I would fall for men and have sex.when he was at work and so on. The guilt has eaten at me. So I finally came clean. It hurt him rightfully so. He wants me to get help and I want it to so here I am. Any suggestions on how to heal a relationship after a lot of wrong that I have done?

6 Likes

Hi welcome,

SLAA is a good program. I was in it for a few years.

Be open to discover any deep rooted problems that your sexual addiction is stemming from.

And actions over time equal trust. So it will take time along with you demonstrating faithfulness in order for the relationship to heal. No guarantees though.

I’m glad you’re here. TS(Talking Sober/SoberTime) is a good place. And you seek a great thing by choosing to change.

@Sehunter77 Its a hard road for sure! I was the unfaithful one in my relationship. 16 years married…I worked hard for 2 years before she left me, but I knew I had to make changes regardless if she stayed or left. I knew I needed to get healthy for me. It’s been 4 years and I still struggle, but I struggle less and get back on track much quicker. I found an in person group that was HUGE in my road to recovery. It can be done and you’re not alone

2 Likes

I see this a lot.

The recovering SA or PA can do all the right things, but it will often never be enough to undo all the betrayal experienced by the partner. The harsh truth is that our loved ones will not often show any compassion or understanding. That’s the consequences of our actions.

Levi, I’m sad that you tried so hard to keep your wife only to have her leave. 2 years is a long time to try. But I’m sure you know that although sleeping on a sofa is better than the floor.
Sleeping in your own bed is way better that on a couch. Being single again is a great opportunity to focus on loving and caring for ourselves. Building up hobbies, doing those things and going places that we often wouldn’t do while in relationships. I hope you can see the good in all of this while God is helping you to become a better version of yourself. And when a new woman pops into your life, you will be more equipped to not screw things up.

2 Likes