Just started

Hi everyone! After waking up hungover this morning at 53 I decided to try sobriety. Just tired of feeling like crap and mentally beating myself up when I feel like this. I’ve tried before and even went 7 months after nearly drowning myself when my then wife was pregnant with our first child but always would convince myself I didn’t have a problem and would just “have a couple” and drink in moderation until the next hangover. I have a very stressful career and I love to escape reality with a good buzz. I finally realized that I suck at drinking and every stupid thing I have ever done in life involved alcohol. I’m hoping that by joining this group and getting this App I will have support from others who feel the same way. Wish me luck :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Welcome!

If you’re looking for support, hope, and encouragement, you’re in the right place. It’s really helped my recovery so I hope it helps you too!

1 Like

Welcome. Good job on deciding to start your sobriety! This place is amazing! Read, share, vent it’s a safe place with lovely people that are all on the same journey. It’s lovely to meet you, I look forward to hearing more from you :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like