I just wanted to say I I’m new here not to recovery my clean date is 10/27/2023 from meth I just wanted to introduce my im Pete Garza from Bakersfield, California
Welcome. Glad yo I found us and a huge congrats on your sobriety. What helped you get and stay clean?
Hey Pete. Welcome to the community! I second @Cjp question, I’d love to hear some wisdom from someone with so much sobriety ![]()
Congratulations to you and welcome to the Talking Sober site!
Welcome Pete!
![]()
Ty very much
Thank you I appreciate you
The best thing I could tell you is stay away from people places and things that remind you of your addiction my thing was if I stayed busy then I won’t have to worry about using cuz I was so busy and you know I just start going back to school I graduated a year with my associate’s degree in culinary arts I’m a mentor and a drug program that I just graduated from I mentor the new students and I have a full time job I’m a chef so I’m constantly busy and remember the only time you should look back is it see how far you come
Welcome Pete.
Thank you for sharing your successes. I’m alcohol free for 543 days. It’s nice to read about what works for others.
Hang in there.
Welcome to TS ![]()
Congratulation on your clean time!
Keep the sober train running (in your case cooking
)
Great share!
Welcome Geno, and you are right…there is nothing to be learned by picking apart our past life decisions made while using. ODAAT!!!
Hi and welcome! ![]()
I like this quote
Welcome to the greatest sober community you can find.
I too am new to this community, and I already feel welcome. Life’s journey with and without drugs/alcohol has been difficult. But the strength I receive in sobriety far outweighs the pain without.
My best to you and all others here.
& @BHNtoGG A warm welcome to the both of you! Take your time to read around and see how this place works. It does work, because here we are in it together! The opposite of addiction is connection and that goes for all of us. I firmly believe. Very glad you both joined us, and wishing you all success on your sober journeys and in your life in general.
![]()