Just weed, huh?

My last smoke was 7/7…ive been a daily marijuana abuser for over 15 yrs and an opportunist with rx meds.

After realizing weed was doing nothing but increasing my anxiety and not helping my depression, I sought professional help with the support of my spouse. I visited my PCP and have an upcoming psych appointment.

I’m a licensed master social worker, mental health professional, and a father of three. Im sick of the narrative that marijuana isn’t an addictive, unhealthy coping mechanism. I’m ready to take that next step in my life…ive quit a few times before for jobs, or when I was arrested for weed and was put on probation, but never for myself or my family.

For the past few weeks I’ve experienced severe anxiety and depression…unable to calm myself down, tense muscles and jaw, feeling down, walking around with a lump in my throat all day and weed hasn’t helped any of it. If you abuse marijuana daily, morning, day and night, I would suggest seeking help for underlying mental illness. No matter how we try to justify it, it is addictive and hard to break.

Thanks for reading, and I’ll keep yall posted.

15 Likes

thanks so much, really excited about this

I know someone who goes to AA and NA meetings and says they are clean but hides the fact she smokes weed from everyone in those groups and her boyfriend especially and the fact she got a medical card in NY shows that weed is an addictive drug and she knows it isn’t good which is why she hides it. Weed is a gateway to everything else. I started selling weed at 15 and by 16 I had a connect for every drug. It can be helpful in medical uses but for addicts it is not in my opinion. I use to think it was fine but then I went to benzos that I was prescribed and I saw I was taking more every day and would run out a week or two before my next refill. It’s a gateway in my opinion

2 Likes

Wishing you the best and thanks for warning others about weed. I’ve never been able to handle marijuana. I used to mix it with alcohol and every time, it would make me spin and barf. It also had a hallucinatory effect on me. Never felt in control with weed. Alcohol is my weakness. IMHO, just because it’s being legalized in many states, doesn’t make it “harmless”. As with anything, it can be abused and relied upon too much to “function”.

2 Likes

ahh im a long time abuser of pot

started at 13 years old

got 17 days sober

it was worth quitting.
i have a better life without all around.
i know its going to get better too

if i smoked it right now, energy and anxiety would be through the roof and id also exparience rough mental health symptoms.
then id wake up exosted

no thanks on the pot

1 Like

Sooo true…my story same…developed cannabis hermesis syndrome…been very rough. After being sober in 2008 I met my harmless friend in 13…smoked hard core eventually…ending up in psychosis for 48 hrs…a had a seizure during acute alcohol withdrawal but I felt great in 14 days…this is going to be a process for me…,…I know it kicked my previous undiagnosed bipolar to another level…it ain’t harmless

2 Likes

31 days sober! Finally feeling like myself, no cravings at all, and just remembering that the same cravings I have for weed are from the same place I crave sobriety. Thanks for the support!

5 Likes

Yea, I got put on an SSRI for depression and anxiety. Took a while to get used to but now I’m able to tackle problems without weed and it feels awesome. I’m here for your battle bro, thanks for your support.

2 Likes

Help me bro I’m stuck on the bongs

You have a desire to quit man, you’ve been doing NA, so you know that’s the only thing you need to start the process. I relapsed after 11 days, felt guilty…felt like I let myself and my other online peeps trying to quit. I called my dealer and told them not to deal to me again and asked if they would take the weed back. Had to start back over at day 1.

If you’re on antidepressants for bpd, smoking weed is going to inhibit the medications, youre not giving them a chance to do their job.

I went to a counselor and they told me, for once, its ok to put yourself first for a change. Put yourself first man, the first two weeks are really bad…the withdrawals, the cravings. But the same place in our brain that craves weed is the same place you crave sobriety. There is no difference between those cravings. Throw your weed, your lighters. Your papers, your bong away.

2 Likes