Keeping Shit Real During My Road To Recovery

I lost my dad two years ago when he very unexpectedly passed away from “COVID” The lost for me was absolutely devastating because he wasn’t my biological dad but had raised me since I was 3. I believe that strengthened our bond and love because he didn’t HAVE to be there for me but he was , in every way shape and form. This happened in August of 2021and I have drank EVERY SINGLE DAY SINCE THEN … if I did break it was for 2-3 days max . Working from home don’t make things better but more convenient.The bags under my eyes, my weight loss, my overall look has changed in my opinion and 3 days ago I decided to give this shit up ! I’m over it and I’m tired of letting it have power over my life !!! How does this alcohol that can’t speak to me , hear me , console me , love me !! Be the answer ?? It’s not , I’m ready to live my life again by all means necessary. Peace and Blessings

17 Likes

Welcome @Beautifully_Broken to an amazing, supportive, sober community. Congrats on your 3 days! Im so sorry for your loss. The hardest part of sobriety besides getting thru cravings is learning to process all those repressed emotions. Be kind to yourself.

You deserve a happy, addiction free life!

5 Likes

Thank u so much for your kinds words and encouragement. I am definitely practicing being kind to myself . 🫶🏼

2 Likes

Congrats miss! :clap: and welcome. Always happy to see a new face!

3 Likes

Welcome! As many will tell you, this is an amazing place to be - you’ll find lots of support, advice and help.
Congratulations on your decision: it will soooo be worth it.

3 Likes

You’ve made a hard choice, and sticking to it will have undreamed rewards!

Welcome aboard, friend.

2 Likes

Welcome @Beautifully_Broken , I’m sorry for your loss and I’m so glad you found this place! So much support and advice and always someone around to listen. Well done on taking the hardest step and that’s deciding ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! :raised_hands:t2: take it nice and steady and be gentle on yourself. See ya around :two_hearts::pray:t2:

3 Likes

Glad you found us, a warm welcome to you! :raising_hand_woman:

2 Likes

Thank you so much !

1 Like

Thanks for the advice and the encouragement!

1 Like

I already feel so much support and welcomed :blush:

I’m definitely looking forward to a positive change.

Im over it too. As of today. Its gonna be hard. Ive never decided to have nothing to get me faded. Now is that time. I wanna be around for a long time and feel good about it. Only got one life. You got this. Keep up with people for accountability and always be transparent and share. You could help change someone elses life too.

2 Likes

Anytime. If you ever need to vent im a great listener/reader lol :blush:

1 Like