Kicking the cravings

Seeing a lot of people quitting alcohol i’m here for a different reason… Cocain I’ve always had a problem with blow And could never just seem to stay clean but this time has been one of .the worst… Been doing it every day since my birthday in April up until yesterday and I really want to stop. I just can’t tell myself no when I have my mind set onsomething. I’m doing it as soon as I think about it. I text buddy and hes on his way. What am I to know from other people recovering

3 Likes

Set your mind onto not doing it and being sober instead, youve kinda gotta put the same effort and energy into being sober as you did getting and taking your coke, it might be coke your doing but there are similarities in any form of addiction so i do get it, mine was alcohol but in the past its been coke and gambling, its the reasons you use you need to look at, why do you do it? Mine was escape so didnt really matter what i had to use i just wanted the oblivion

2 Likes

Welcome Dustin!
Getting clean takes a lot of hard work, but it’s well worth it.

I had a very bad coke habit for years. As soon as I’d get home from work, I’d go straight to the bathroom and do a line. Then to the fridge to get an alcoholic drink. I needed it (so I thought) for energy to get things done around the house. It got to the point that I wouldn’t even do the dishes unless I had coke. Crazy how I allowed a drug to control my life. The problem I had quitting was that my husband did it too. Every single time we made the decision to quit, one of us would cave and the other would end up giving in. I tried to quit too many times on my own and finally gave into the fact that I needed help. I immersed myself into a recovery program. I had to put the same amount of time into getting clean that I put into getting and doing the drugs.

I had to change people, places and things. Deleted phone numbers and closed myself off from any friends associated with coke.

4 Likes