Kinda scared about getting sober

Hi, I’m totally new to this. My addiction is binging and purging, disgusting I know:( I’m scared about trying to recover because it’s been almost a year now that I’m binging and purging everyday but recently I’m hating it more and more and I want to stop, I really do. Just I suffer with Ed thoughts and BPD so I’m impulsive too, my goal right now is to just be a day sober and then go on from there, can I get advice and support? Is there hope for me?

6 Likes

If you can’t take it a day at a time take it a minute at a time and try to focus your mind on something you long forgot you enjoyed. Nothing is disgusting you are totally fine we all have our demons to face and I hope you find as much support as I have using this community. Please feel free to reach out if you’re struggling I’m always here to talk to.

Welcome. I was scared as well when i got here. Get really active here, it helps.

1 Like

There are some disordered eating and binging threads, use the magnifying glass at the top to search for key words. If you are doing it everyday, have you thought about seeing a Dr?

1 Like

I have seen a doctor, I go to a psychiatrist check up monthly, btw I did my last b/p rn and god I’m so excited being free:) I can’t actually wait until I’m free from it, now I’m excited again, the fear comes and goes in waves.

2 Likes