Kratom discussion

Perhaps try NA meetings they’re honestly awesome and it’s a programme for living not just for detoxing. NA is operating on zoom at the moment, from all around the world you can find meetings by searching narcotics anonymous meetings online and following the schedule. I’m from Mew Zealand and we have a 24/7 meeting going here. If you need any help figuring it out just say and I can help. I’m 9 and a half months drug free in NA and almost 13 months without a drink in AA it’s an awesome programme only requirement for membership is desire to stop using/drinking you’re a member when you say you are no strangers in there just friends you haven’t met yet. It does take courage to walk into a meeting but when you get there it’s like you’re home so much similarities despite differences. The programmes have helped all aspects of my life and taken me around the country given me new friends and allow me to help others and my self daily one day at a time

2 Likes

I’ve heard it takes a month for every year you used for things to smoothen out of you’re working the NA programme. I used for ten years and I’m 9 and a half months off the drugs I’ve definitely felt a huge change from when I first got clean for sure I’m on step 4 of the twelve steps making a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves

100% honesty…the mental part started to ease between 60 and 90 days for me. But I was in a very, very deep and dark whole. But once I started noticing the changes in my thinking I ran as fast as i could towards the light. And yes there are definitely rough days and even some rough weeks, but it’s a 10,000x better now than it ever was when i was high.

1 Like

You are right. hard to hear but definitely need to rethink it. I think she knows how bad I’ve wanted a baby and was probably just giving me something to fight for

1 Like

Big thing is taking it one day at a time just for today one hour at a time if you have to 5 minutes at a time 1 minute at a time. Doing the next right thing. In NA you can get a sponsor someone with longer recovery time who has worked the steps usually same gender and they can be your go to.

Can also restart your day at any time if it’s going to shit. Just recalibrate with a achievable realistic tasks even if it’s brushing teeth or folding washing to stack another day

1 Like

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with having or wanting something to fight for…But if you cant gain the strength to simply fight for yourself, how could you possibly attempt to fight for anything or anyone else??? Trust me when I say I have been in your shoes…literally!! H.A. N.A. A.A. all of them help but for me I could identify with H.A. the most and my sponsor has been key in me keeping my sobriety. You have to want this for you…otherwise it just wont work.

1 Like

A police officer overdosed and died off kratom here in my town last year, they said he used it to help with his weight lifting

1 Like

Oh my goodness. That is absolutely horrible and heartbreaking.

2 Likes

My best friend is hooked on Kratom along with pain meds. She started out using it to get off the pills now she uses both.
Eventually it will kill her. Just being honest.
I’ve watched her go from close to 300 pounds down to about 135ish in about 8 months she now has a complete rack of dentures because she lost all her teeth and when she doesn’t have the meds she’s taking she’s she’s a mess.
I recognize the issues but she still tells me she doesn’t have a problem. I’m only me I can only try to help her so many times in life before I stop trying and just let her live her life and just be here for her when she is ready to make a change.
Thankfully with my move to Chicago I’m not right in the mix to see it much but it definitely still breaks my heart

7 Likes

The only drugs I by from gas stations are caffeine and Alto pods for my vuse vape. Not saying these are good, but stay away from gas station drugs (including booze, kratom and tobacco) is my philosophy. I know you can get Kratom from places other than the gas station, but it’s a gas station drug none the less.

1 Like

I know this is old but I will reply just for others to be able to see. I tried Kratom to battle Oxy habit and it did help take the edge off some but then it also gave me SEVERE stomach cramps. And when I say severe, I do mean severe. I still have the unused bottle in my nightstand because I wanna have it tested for poison because it should be a crime the way it tore my stomach up. I would wake up out of my sleep almost in tears. Not sure why because I didnt take that much at all. Maybe 3 capsules. I initially had a different strand and then they ran out of that one so I tried this one and man it was bad. The first strand I took did actually help me with my withdrawals but I only took it for 5 days before I ran out to buy more. I did find myself relying on it slightly. I used the second strand for 3 days before realizing that it was the reason for my stomach pains. I even decided to go back to it after a few months and took a small amount (1 capsule) and had the same results with the bad stomach pains. That whole ordeal put me off of kratom. If anyone else experienced bad cramps while using kratom, let me know.

1 Like

I’ve used kratom for excellent success. I didn’t ever find it addictive. I think I went through $200 of kratom in about five years, maybe more. I treated it as a supplement to help my lower back, but I did not even use it every day. I know that for it to be effective, one’s tolerance needs to be low. For weaning off opiates, it might help, but make sure you do not substitute an addiction with kratom. Kratom can be addicting, but it’s pretty difficult, as using it for about three days in a row, increases tolerance where more needs to be taken, and the effects fall off even more and plateau after seven to ten days. Taking a lot of kratom is bad for the stomach and intestines, if you’re doing a high amount of grams a day. It can be abused for sure. I don’t condone its prohibition like what the FDA tried to do a couple years ago.

Last time I used kratom was a month ago. Before that, two years ago, maybe longer. I never got addicted or withdrawal symptoms, but I used low amounts of 2 or 3g.

I think it can really save people, so I think it is a good thing for people who are looking for significant pain relief…so long as they do not get addicted. Krstom has a very low addiction risk, but it’s definitely possible, at least dependence.