Lack of motivation

Any one have lack of motivation after quitting? I used to be a gym nut, but once I stopped using that faded.

2 Likes

Yes booze does a number on our dopamine pathways. It gets better over time. Don’t beat yourself up.

1 Like

When I quit using my energy levels and motivation initially was so low. I started eating more (which effected my energy levels bcuz I wasn’t eating the “right” things. I was eating sugary stuff and carbs like no tmrw). Over time I have slowly started to gain some motivation back for certain things. I’ve even discovered new passions. Our bodies and minds are going thru alot. And just bcuz we are clean and sober, doesn’t mean that everyday will be great and full of motivation to get stuff done. For me anyway I am finding it comes n goes each day lol

2 Likes

When I first got sober, after treatment, I was really motivated for a minute. Then I wasn’t. Like the newness wore off and then I didn’t feel like I wanted to do anything. I didn’t feel like I wanted to be part of anything. And my first sponsor told me that was when I had to really dig deep and go to meetings and push myself really hard. Keep working the steps. Keep pushing forward. Sometimes I had to go get my meds adjusted. And in the end I ended up feeling about a lot better.

1 Like