Lacking motivation

What are some good motivational tools to help people like myself, who struggle to workout?

426 days sober :grin:

5 Likes

I wouldn’t set any large or crazy goals. Keep things simple. Maybe your goal is to go to the gym two days this week for 20 minutes each. It’s like once you start doing it very minimally it will turn into something more. I’m currently making a living playing guitar and for me I had to keep everything extremely organized especially my workspace, Also the motivation to play guitar actually comes with just doing it all the time. I played four hours a day At least. It’s like Writers block is from not writing.

I hope this makes sense I just always try to break things down into little small parts and I don’t look at it in the bigger picture or too large of a scale… Also maybe listing the positives of working out more compared to not doing it. Anyway have a good day and good luck

4 Likes

This fat chick did a workout today, if I can do it you can too!

14 Likes

You go girl!!! :facepunch: :pray: :hugs:

1 Like

Find whatever activity you LIKE to do. For me, it’s walking with a friend four miles a day and Pilates classes a few times a week. Weight is mostly controlled thru diet. I used my fitness pal app. Need to get back on it as I’ve gained 15 pounds since Christmas.

3 Likes

Like @BroccoliHighKicks said, you don’t need a gym. All you have to do is move. Go for a walk. Walk for 7 minutes away from your house/apartment/yurt, turn around and walk back. Next day, walk 7 minutes but try to beat the last place you stopped, turn around and walk back. Make it fun! When you’re ready, you can turn your walk into a jog. Or a run. Or, just keep walking.

1 Like

One of the biggest things for me has been working out.

I can’t exercise if I’m hungover/drunk and the results of working out improve my self confidence so I’m motivated to keep doing it and continue to stay sober.

1 Like