Learning lessons from relapse

Any digital format like pdf, epub, mobi, txt, doc. Doesn’t really matter which one.

Welcome Lucy!

Fellow from SAA here. This space is a very helpful tool. I know full well how much I’ve gotta work it to make it work.
I acknowledged that I had a problem with selfish sex over 6 yrs ago. I tried to do recovery my way for a majority of that time. Been involved in SAA for 6 months, found a sponsor a couple months ago. Currently 48 days clean from my inner circle. Finally got through the steps three weeks ago and I’m just starting to recognize how important steps 10, 11, 12 are to maintaining my sobriety. I can drift into selfishness, dishonesty, fear and resentment so quickly if I’m not finding ways to let go of my will in order to be of service to others. Abstinence is only possible if I’m addressing the causes and conditions that underly the addiction.

I’m far from perfect. None of us are saints. I still have days where I resent being a sex addict and that I’ve gotta do all this work to just be “normal.” Truth is, no one is normal, we all have iur burdens to carry. Lately, I’ve even been able to have days where I’m grateful to be a sex addict because these experiences will make me an asset. I couldn’t carry the message if I hadn’t walked the path that brought me here. Like you said, the relapse helped you see that the program works.

You’re where you need to be. Use this opportunity to figure out how to strengthen your program and get back to it. Reach out if you need help.

3 Likes