Best luck Zach, you can do this!!!

1 Like

Wish you luck…! :grinning:

1 Like

Hey welcome back. ODAAT.

1 Like

Welcome back man. Great to see you. :+1:

1 Like

Welcome back! Read through your old thread and take all the advice you got. And do things different!
I’m done with this ce

Resources for our recovery
I’m really glad you’re back! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome back, let the hard work begin (again)!

1 Like

Dude you have a freaking Basset Hound?! We had three when I was very small, my first dog friends. Love them! Share him/her with us on here!
Post photos of your pets #4

1 Like

Wish you luck!! You can do this

2 Likes

I’m right there with you for the millionth time.
Let’s do this. Let’s stay sober for good.

2 Likes

And a beagle. And toy shipoo thingy that’s my wife’s. And a cat. And 12 chickens. Lol

1 Like

But yea bubba is my rescue basset. Left out to die on the side of the road. 5 years later he’s goin strong. Sweetest dog ever.

3 Likes

Good morning. I hope you are having a good day. :facepunch:t3::peace_symbol:

@Zach2 how is it going my man? Rooting for you.

Not good….

1 Like

You might need some help man. I know for me my sobriety didn’t get any traction until I started talking with people: I attended a recovery group, and I scheduled regular appointments with a counsellor.

Run your car without oil and before long that engine will be toast. The counselling and group work is the oil that keeps your “engine” working (the engine of your thinking and your actions).

1 Like

That’s not good. I’m sorry. I guess you’re not done drinking. Let us know when you are. Help is here. But you gotta want it. Want = accept help and put the work in.

I’m still rooting for you.

1 Like

Yea seems like I’m all hyped up about doing better for a few days then fall off the wagon. Idk. In my mind I want to do better. But some reason I always efff up

2 Likes

It is a battle, you’re absolutely right. It’s like there are two voices inside you and they’re fighting it out

1 Like

Yea, you’re holding on to the drinking. The pain of change for you is too daunting to give up what you know is hurting you - but what you still trust more than the unknown you face in sobriety.

I had to make the same choice. For me, it was like going through the eye of a needle. There was nowhere else to go. I had realised that. It was super shit already. And it would only get worse for me if I didn’t turn away from drink.

You need to have this realisation for yourself. Maybe focus on that for now.

What helps some folks realise this is hear this story from other ppl. I would suggest you listen to some AA meetings. Or read the stories on here.

1 Like