This is my post for my first day sober. I accomplished 40 days earlier in the year and threw it all away because of a bunch of 30th birthday parties. Im marking my new start here so i have something to look back on.
Im okay with starting again, it means ive got the opportunity to do something bigger and better.
Some inspiring quotes:
Live less out of habit and more out of intent
F-E-A-R has two meanings: “Forget Everything And Run” or “Face Everything And Rise.” The choice is yours
My recovery must come first so that everything I love in life does not have to come last
Sobriety is the best gift I will ever give myself
Below I’ve done a summary of the 12 steps im going to focus on. Last time i had nothing to work with so i lost my way.
- be honest with yourself
- believe you can change
- reflect on how far you’ve come
- tell others what you are going through
- Accept your defects and wrongdoings
- pray to overcome challenges not possible by yourself
- think about those you’ve effected
- apologise to them
- maintain your body and spirit
- discover purpose
- give back