Let's share

I think about joining a AA group too. Found one that meets weekly. Don’t know why but this makes me kinda nervous. I should at least try it. Ack…hello anxiety :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Relapsed once after 2 months. The relapse lasted 5 months.

1 Like

I was gonna quit drinking for about 6 years. I made it to 1-2 weeks a bunch of times on my own.

First real attempt at getting sober included a begrudging IOP and AA stint. Lasted 6 months and I picked back up for the next 3.5 years.

Second real attempt at getting sober I gladly went to IOP and AA, have been sober since. Just hit 1 year last Sunday.

5 Likes

Man…you are the most quotable man every. They should put your quotes on inspirational memes!!

3 Likes

When I started on this app I relapsed 12 times till I got rid of my sorry arse excuses and then put my all into recovery, hitting everything I could, mental health services, alcohol services, doctors, smart, AA. I’m 4 days away from 6 months sober

3 Likes

A year and 3 months ago I went 3 months sober…then i relapsed thinking I can controll drink and a year later I was back at the same amount I used to drink with the same problems so I’m now 4 days sober and committed to it fully for life…i will call it a year long relapse.

2 Likes

Day 1 here. One drink is never enough for me. And half the time I don’t even want it, but I drink it.
A big learning curve for me.

I lost track of how many times I relapsed in the past 10 years… all I can tell; alot!
Reached 6 months sober in 2017 though, my last relapse was January 2018, been clean again since the 31st of May 2018, so close to 1 and a half year now!!
@Complicated 1 is too many, 1000 is too little. Just a thought that helped me somehow…
Deep respect&love to all of you out there fighting for a better life!

1 Like