Lets start to stop killing our selfs

24 May when i there was no drop left in the bottle, i realized that i will not get old if i go on with this life! Drinking will damaged every organ in your body und kill many many braincells everyday! Knowing this, the struggel to drink isnt less:(. Thats why we need eachother on this. So for everyone who start quit drinking. Lets post dayly on this topic so we can help eachother to beat this. To long we dance with the devil. Now its time the leave the dancefloor and live this beautifull life before its to late!!! Come one. We can do this!!!

5 Likes

Glad to hear it Helo! This is a wonderful initiative.

There’s a space here where you can do exactly that - check in here every day:

One day at a time is how you win :innocent:

3 Likes

Checking in One day at A Time :innocent:

2 Likes

Yes indeed!

1 Like

Thanks! I go check it out

2 Likes

Starting up Day 3. Beginning with a smoothie. This weekend its going to be my first battle. A meet up with my best friends that i didnt see for some weeks going to be tough, but i will not let it stand in my way. I just want to keep doing my things and not hide me in my house. Its just a mind fuck to think we have to go wasted again. And yes i will drink soms beers with them but only with 0,0% alcohol. In the Netherlands here are many good beers without alcohol.:muscle::facepunch:

Hi Helo and welcome to Talking Sober. We have some Dutch members on here who might help you with local resources. @Mno and @SoberWalker are two who come to mind easily.

I think you will find there is a big difference between building sobriety and fighting drinking. Here is one thread about what other members have done to get sober and stay sober.
Resources for our recovery

There is a lot of conversation on here about non-alcoholic beer and wine. I do not use them myself, and I do not put myself in situations where drinking is the chief entertainment. It may be wise for you to reconsider the motivation you have for drinking these so early on in your recovery. Are you trying to prove that you are stronger than alcohol? It is a much braver act, in my experience, to admit defeat and drink no imitation alcohol, only mineral water or coffee etc in a social situation. If course, you are free to disagree.

Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your sobriety.

1 Like

++ @anon57836609

1 Like

Hallo en welkom hier!
I’m Dutch :grin: If you have any questions: just ask. I can talk Dutch to you in private messages if you would prefer. But up her in the open Engish is prefered so every reader understands what we are writing :wink:
See you around!

1 Like

Thanks for the message.

Its not that drinken is the chief entertainment, but we just like the tast of beers. Thats why i mentioned the alternatieve. There are 2 resons to quit alcohol. In the corona time i just get more heavy. And alcohol is just very bad for the health(if you drink to much and to often) There are just no benefits except the tast. I nog also ask myself the question. Do i never want to drink again or is it a goal for 1 or 2 years? And then on occasions? Did you drink much and now never again? Or also a goal for some years?

I agree that is beter to drink water. I do this all Day on my work. But only mineral water all Day will make me not very happy i gues.

Thanks for mention the dutch people