Life ring meeting

Have you tried a SMART meeting? Im not too familiar with the Life Ring meetings, maybe they haven’t made their way to the east coast yet. One day at a time. Keep it up. :muscle:

1 Like

Do they say that… That’s quite clever actually

Smart meeting?

Yes! Lads I think we’re on to something here!

Iim not saying it doesn’t have its merits… For reasons I won’t go in to on here I felt very uncomfortable. I don’t think being a sponsor is for everyone, but that’s all I’ll say… UPDATE: I got up out of bed and got cookies and tea

Aw sweetheart your neighbourhood would hate me, I’m from Dublin and we all curse like sailor’s… Every second word!

1 Like

“SMART Recovery (Self Management and Recovery Training) is an international non-profit organization which provides assistance to individuals seeking abstinence from addictive behaviors. … Meeting participants learn recovery methods derived from evidence-based addiction treatments.”

Its like AA, but its more of discussing issues that have helped ypu in recovery. Another acronym for it is Simple, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely. (In terms of goals) I like to switch it up now and then and the meetings are less of "the mess and more about the message. Stay strong.

1 Like

That’s great, thank you so much!! That was really helpful :heart:

1 Like

Ha! You’re like me… I am also motivated by food :joy:
My favourite swear word is very Irish… It’s “Geebag” and means a bag of vaginas.

This post has taken and unexpected turn… And I’m OK with that :joy:

1 Like

:joy: :joy:
Thank you for making me laugh tonight… :heart:

1 Like

Give it a go… It’s always good to try new things? :joy:

1 Like

Only know off AA here in Scotland Life Ring hasnt got here yet .

Years ago I hired a junior designer to my team in London. She was from Castle Knock and she was the funniest character I ever worked with. And she liked a good swear. A grand girl!

1 Like

Sure we’re lovely girls… This is a father Ted reference, so I totally understand if you don’t get it :slight_smile:

I think swearing releases tension… It’s not good to bottle it up :joy:

2 Likes

Lol that’s a very sweet name :heart:
I get this a lot about my name, it’s very very Irish… It’s pronounced Ee fa… Like Eva but an emphasis on an F.
Its Gaelic for Beauty :heart:

1 Like

I had a look at lifering.org and couldn’t see anything myself… But have a look at the site, there’s a section for online meetings and a part about starting your own lifering meetings… Everything has to start somewhere, maybe you could bring it to Scotland?!? I have no Idea if you have the time or resources for that but I just thought I’d put it out there :heart:

I love all those names… Lova is so cool! I really like that! And Lockland is such a strong name for a boy :heart:

Can I ask how long you have left in your pregnancy?

We usually have cookies, donuts, candy… and other random snacks leftover from the monthly birthday dinner meetings.

and always coffee!

Now that’s my kind of meeting :heart: