Liver damage

Just showing signs of liver damage, haven’t seen a doctor yet. Let’s go boys. All told all my friends and family to keep me accountable.

11 Likes

I always just planned on getting a little red wagon to haul mine around in my older years.

The liver does regenerate, just got to give your guy a vacation! I’m sure you have several people in your life who think the world is a better place with you in it. Just got to keep reminding yourself of that.

8 Likes

I’m dead af hahah, I’m start using that one. The little red wagon is funny af. But you’re right, not gonna give it up completely but at least until the yellow in my eyes goes away. I felt really bloated the other day and I think it was because I didn’t throw up the night of my drinking, I went to bed fighting demons :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

Please allow me to share a few things from my own life.

Grandfather on one side died of sclerosis of the liver. Knew It was happening, didn’t slow down, chose to go out in a ball of fire s. Didn’t phase me.

Grandmother on the other side died of sclerosis of the liver. Lifetime closet alcoholic. Refused to acknowledge that she even drank much less was a raging alcoholic. And just kept on drinking. Didn’t phase me.

One of my best friends / best drinking buddies died of pancreatitis 4 years ago. Didn’t phase me. He was a handle every two days plus bar time daily kind of guy. He battled it for about 4 years before he passed. Was hospitalized usually once a year for it. Tried quitting every time he would get out of the hospital.

I have tried to quit drinking several times over the last couple years and I have found I have developed the same habits as my late friend when it comes to that.

I’m not a daily drunk, but I am very much a binge drinker. Three four days a week occasionally more but not that often. But when I do I’ll more than go all in. I definitely drink to get drunk, and anymore when I start doing that I find that I have no off switch. Unfortunately when it comes to alcohol, I can really hold my mud and have been doing so from a very young age. I don’t get hungover, and I think the last time I threw up I was in college. Never have really felt any ill physical effects from drinking yet other than the occasional dull headache or fuzzy brain for the first hour of the next day.

Like my buddy, every time I have tried to quit drinking I’m good for about 4 to 6 weeks. Then I start thinking I can drink responsibly again. I start out with beer, and beer is actually not a bad thing for me. I can drink an ocean of it and not get excessively drunk, I actually get full first and I’m a happy fun drinker when I just stick to that.

Next the occasional shot will sneak up on me. Hey Luke want to shake for one? What the hell! It’s just one shot and I haven’t had one in a long time.

Do that for a while and then the end of night last call double whiskey tall start sneaking up on me. I’ve been drinking beer all night, I’m just going to have one night night cocktail.

Before you know it you’re having a couple. It’s just a couple that’s okay. Pretty soon a couple becomes four, and four becomes 8, and before I know it I’m a sloppy fall down angry drunk again… wash rinse repeat…

Have not ever paid attention to the physical effects of alcohol on me until a few days ago. And what really alarmed me was the realization of not what alcohol is doing to my body but how I have directly been harming my body as a result of getting that profusely drunk.

What I have directly witnessed in others close to me and with myself has really made me believe there is no just a little bit, no moderation for people that are wired like us.

To quote the all-knowing Yoda:
“Do or do not. There is no try.”?

Idk? Not at all preaching, just some food for thought f om my own dysfunctional experiences. Really do wish you the best!

10 Likes

So you’re going to quit drinking long enough to heal and then just fuck it up again? I suggest buying a plot at the cemetery early. They are expensive and it would be really unfair to make your family pay for it

16 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I’m glad you’re looking for help. At least I hope you are.

Addiction is a fatal disease. Aside active using, main symptoms are deception and denial. You exhibit all signs, so you better think through seriously what you are doing to yourself.

Don’t throw your life away.

5 Likes

@StudioLuvin
Indeed. What’s the plan here? If you mean that that’s horribly sad and delusional. You can have sobriety if you want it. There is hope but you gotta know what you want man.

Edit: Don’t know why this came out a reply to you Derek.

2 Likes

Well, you’re all sorted then. Enjoy that money while you still have that liver. :joy:

I’ll be seeing my poor bitch ass outta this thread.

15 Likes

Let’s keep it civil, everyone.

3 Likes

Time reveals all things. If you’re as far as jaundice, I might suggest we have more in common than you expect.

In any case, best of luck on your health. You’re in the right place.

5 Likes

Not like us? Sad news friend but if you’ve drank to the point where you have liver damage you are exactly like us. If you could control your drinking you would have done it before you got liver damage. Welcome to alcoholism!

12 Likes

I showed signs of liver damage. My doctor told me I had alcoholic hepatitis. I kept drinking. I now have liver cirrhosis. My liver is scarred forever due to my alcoholism and I’ll most likely need a transplant in 20 years. I was diagnosed at 28. Take it from me, stop. Drinking. @StudioLuvin

12 Likes

This is a sobriety forum for people looking to get and stay sober. If you are looking for others dealing with liver damage that don’t consider themselves to be alcoholic, check out Reddit.

This is sensitive for me and I would imagine others on this forum who have lost friends/family to addiction, including alcohol induced liver damage and pancreatitis.

I do wish you the best in getting your liver healed. It is a resilient organ until the abuse from alcohol tips it over the edge. Something I’m beyond grateful I didn’t have to experience. @mleclaire is someone I think about regularly as a courageous fighter of alcoholism, and I don’t believe your post/thread belongs on TS.

17 Likes

Yellow in your eyes meaning juandice? Typically that means your bilirubin is at 2.5 or higher which is not good. I would get a blood panel done ASAP and see what readings come back for the AST and ALT enzymes.

Once the liver is damaged to the point that it cannot heal itself you cross the line into cirrhosis which is a painful way to live and subsequently die…

All else aside in this thread is alcohol really worth that much to you?

9 Likes

Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. :flushed:

4 Likes

Enjoy the drinks and being banned! We will miss you!

6 Likes

Good for you.

I went back and did not see where anyone called you stupid.

I did see that people responded to your post with information and experiences that could help someone.

That’s what this group is about. If you don’t want to be encouraged to refrain from drinking, don’t post in a sober community. We are here to support each other in sobriety.

7 Likes

Showing up on an app for sobriety thinking you do not have a drinking problem and talking shit to people in recovery is more of a sign of what a rotten person you are than anyone else here.

Have a nice trip and don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out.

8 Likes

Good luck, mate.