Living alone is difficult

I’ve officially started to live alone, it’s been one month since I’ve started but honestly it’s so changeling. I’ve already bought a bottle of tequila, rum and a pack of 20 beers. I’ve been drinking alone and also with friends but when I drink alone it’s usually at lunch, right before class so yeah I’m always drunk in class (which can be really dangerous since I gotta use machinery and stuff like that).
I don’t want to throw away the bottles since I don’t have a lot of money and that would mean that I wasted it, but yeah… what should I do ?

1 Like

Toss it. No amount of $ is worth your life. Imagine being lit and your sleeve gets pulled into the gears… I have witnessed fingers, arm and faces that lost the battle with lathes, augers and all kinds of shit.
Maybe hit a meeting, online or in person. Schedule therapy with the school’s staff counselor. We don’t have to or need to drink anymore.

4 Likes

If your goal is to remain sober than i would dump it. Getting rid of something toxic and damaging for our health is never a waste of money. I understand that living alone can be challenging. Are u in school? Are there others around or diff groups or activities that u can join that doesnt involve alcohol? Are there any 12 step mtgs such as AA that u can attend at some point in ur day to give u support and to also build a network of sober friends? Just thoughts :slight_smile:

1 Like

How about make up your mind regarding sobriety or active addiction ?

2 Likes

You can’t put a price on your health or sobriety. Make a commitment to sobriety and get rid of the booze. Dump it down the drain. Why have temptation when it’s something you have 100% control over?

2 Likes

I know in my using days I would dump the booze but end up buying more a few days later. If you want recovery I’d suggest a program such as AA. In my experience that worked for me