Lockdown lifting

63 days sober , feeling fantastic on the whole but lockdown lifting slightly today with the pubs being open outside has got to me a bit. Feel a bit down and annoyed that I can’t have a pint in the sun? It will lift it’s just a bad day I know that but it’s made me feel sad today that my life has to be like this . Anyone else feel the same ?

13 Likes

yep literally just posted about it :rofl::rofl:we’ll be OK, it all turns shit eventually, always has always will :wink:

4 Likes

No not anymore but I would’ve been in early sobriety without a program. That mental compulsion has now been removed

I’m just queuing for the barbers and the pub beer gardens are rammed. I’m glad I’m not powerless over that today. The obsession was removed from me by working the 12 steps and following it in my daily life :pray:

7 Likes

Feel amazing so much better , working at it daily to keep the demon at bay but today has really got to me . Sunny weather , everyone putting pics on outside pubs etc and it’s annoyed me that I can’t do that which is daft I know ? I wouldn’t give in I know I wouldn’t but it’s depressing sometimes x

5 Likes

Yep I’m on day 15 and feeling a bit shit that I really can’t go to the pub and have a beer!!
I’m avoiding all social media so I don’t see other people doing it
I’m having a becks blue which works for me- ots changing the rewire of my brain ‘ooh its beer garden weather, so let’s have a drink’ :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Nah. Cuz for me now, what does a pint have to do with enjoying the sun?

I went with some friends in sobriety to have lunch outside this weekend. Good food, nice weather, great company. Was an awesome day!

All the better sober and present. :pray:

4 Likes

It does take time and work to make that feeling go away. Stay with us. Because it will go away in time. Having beer in the sun is awful. Honestly. It dehydrates our bodies. That’s one of the reasons we drink so much of it when it’s warm. It took me time to to come to this conclusion and really feel it too. I’m there now. Never again. And btw, drunk folks being drunk together isn’t fun either. That conclusion also took some time to sink in. Success.

6 Likes

Exactly the same, walking the dog and seeing everyone outside having pints was a strong feel.

I’m going to redouble my efforts to build the sober toolkit up so it’s nice and strong. Might download some more quit lit tonight to read or re read this naked mind.

We didn’t come this far just to come this far, you know?

3 Likes

Yeah me too been listening to podcasts cast for an hour just to reaffirm the message- we know it’s the right thing to do being sober but some days are harder than others aren’t they

3 Likes

Absolutely they are! I had a real pity party for myself today just quietly raging that normal people can drink and I can’t. Gotta get on top of it because too long in this zone is relapse city for me

5 Likes

What soft drink would you like to be sitting somewhere with instead on a sunny day? With loads of ice.

2 Likes

Yeah I have a councillor I speak to every 3 weeks but he’s always at the end of the phone if I need him , I’m on here obviously which really helps , I read AF books and listen to podcasts , I feel a million times better but that feeling is still there if associating happiness with alcohol especially on days like today when pubs reopened. I won’t cave I don’t think - my will is still strong and I’m putting the work in to keep me strong on this but it’s been a tough day today - probably my hardest yet out of the 63. Still sober though

4 Likes

There’s other great drinks to enjoy in the sun that are actually refreshing instead of dehydrating :grin::grin:

2 Likes

I know what you mean, took me changing my whole perspective on life, fun, health. It’s such an ingrained habit but I promise you you’ll find happiness without regrets! :grin:

2 Likes

Nope I am grateful that I won’t have a hangover tomorrow :raised_hands: Think of it as ice cream weather :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks for all your comments really appreciate you all taking the time to help which it did . What a great group this is :blush:

2 Likes