Lol so i ended up

So I used yet again not looking for sympathy I just hate this
Once I have one I can’t stop there I keep going and going and I’m tired
Going to a meeting tomorrow night.
Hope I can find a sponsor.
Never worked the steps maybe if I did that and put more effort I can maintain I need to follow directions and listen to suggestions.
It has to STOP being my will.

12 Likes

You can do this :muscle:

3 Likes

Get back up, you got this!

3 Likes

That is an awesome step to take. Keep at it!

3 Likes

I just have to say your title is borderline offensive. There is nothing funny about a relapse. I know I have lost more than a few loved ones to relapse. As, I am sure a lot of others have as well.

Not to be too harsh but based off your title and thread you do not seem to have willed yourself into anything other than dancing around the seriousness that is addiction.

8 Likes

Relapse and addiction are no laughing matter. I’ve seen too many people go back out, take one pill thinking it was a normal oxy or snort one line of cocaine and they’re dead. They were not expecting Fentanyl and that’s what they got.

Glad to see you’re willing to do the steps. Put the work in on a daily basis and you’ll get results.

5 Likes

Who are you to tell me I’m not taking this seriously over a post you don’t even know me? Look keep your two cents to yourself I come on here because there’s supposed to not be any judgment within us addicts
If you have words of wisdom try using it in a less judgmental way

Just cus I added an LOL to my title your judging me. I wanted to add another title but it didn’t let me. Your opinions on what I post is your business. I know it’s not a laughing matter I’ve Had family members die get locked up be addicts I grew up around this I KNOW THE SEVERITY please don’t judge me off one post or one title. Have a good day

Who said I was not taking it serious over a damn title? Damn guess I can’t share openly

It’s all good thanks for being encouraging and having opinions over a damn title gracias foreals you’ve made an impact on me I won’t joke or write LOL on posts since it triggers others

I get the gallows humor. I encourage you to take those affirmative steps to sobriety, like meetings, finding a sponsor, working a structured program.

My advice is to choose your bottom, or your bottom will choose you.

Many years ago as a young Marine, I attended winter mountain warfare training in preparation for an exercise in Norway. This involved lots of movement across steep, icy surfaces. One of the first skills they taught us was how to perform an “emergency arrest”, which consists of:

-stay calm. Panic kills
-accept that you are sliding
-roll over and plant your ice axe in as deeply as possible.
-hang on with everything you’ve got, until you’ve stopped moving. Remain still.
-assess your current position, and carefully choose the best path to safety, be it laterally, upslope, or downslope.
-intentionally move.

If you slip on an icy slope, you have a very short period of time, a second or two. Otherwise gravity takes over and momentum builds to the point where nothing you can do will stop you from hitting bottom. It’s not the fall that kills, rather it’s the sudden stop at the bottom.

Treat this as a slip on an icy slope. You’ve performed an emergency arrest. Choose this as your bottom. Assess and move to sobriety with intention.

19 Likes

Let go and let god. Surrender to win my friend. Wish you the best.

3 Likes

If you read my entire reply, you would see it wasn’t all about the title. I also commended you on your actions.

This disease is killing thousands; we take relapses seriously. The saying goes…we all have another relapse in us but not all of us have another recovery.

5 Likes

Oh wow so helpful wow thank you I hadn’t thought of that wow

Different people give sobriety different levels of priority in their lives. People also use different emotions including humor to express feelings about failure or anything really.

If someone is offended by the title of your post that is their problem, not yours. You know your own personal situation better than anyone else and I wish you well in your sober journey.

3 Likes

I will be dismissed. I will take it. It reminds me really of myself. I made jokes about myself. At some point my psychologist asked me when I’d start taking myself seriously. It made me really sad.
I still tend to joke about my feelings or situation. There is also some part inside of me saying: come on. Noone wants to hear that anymore. Get over it. So I make some fun of it.

For me I was lucky. I didn’t have a real problem to stop drinking. It was like a decision made. Click. And I didn’t pick up after again. That’s where the real struggle was. Not using alcohol as a coping mechanism anymore. It was hard and I am still in the learning process.

2 Likes

Thank you I really appreciate it :pray:

Holy heck that was a top knotch analogy :clap:

2 Likes

And also I want to add that we are here from all around the world. Many from us have a different cultural background that influences our humour also. I went off and on here and on other AA based forums multiple times because I felt misunderstood or I hurt other people’s feelings. That’s an inconvenience, a setback of online and written communication. We don’t really see and somehow feel what the other person wanted to express.

2 Likes