Longest sober stint in years

10 days today marks the longest I’ve been sober from alcohol for over 4 years. I’m forgetting how great, yet weird this feels. I feel good, yet I’m lacking energy this last week. My mind is everywhere and work has been annoying. Really hard to focus on much of anything, but I have this under control. My routine of being an established semi-functional alcoholic has come to an end and I’m in limbo land.

13 Likes

Welcome your at the right place

1 Like

The unreality of it all, being sober, I’d started to forget about that - and that stage when you can’t remember clearly what you were like before the shitshow. Don’t forget why you stopped Ryan, you’ve made a great start. It won’t take too long before you’re back and focused again.

3 Likes

Congratulations on the 10 days! I found myself in the same strange fog in about the same time frame. It was so worth the effort after pushing through and coming out on the otherside. Welcome to this forum. I have found it very helpful and I hope it helps you as well! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Ryan! We both joined in 2016. We’re both at 10 days. Let’s just let this be the last time, shall we?

3 Likes

I like it! We go way back with this group. Congrats on your 10 days.

2 Likes

Congrats! Limbo land will pass after some time. You’ll feel better and better with every passing week sober.

1 Like