Lonleyness is a biggie

I’m sorry you’re feeling so alone… I can relate, as I basically burned almost all my friendships and relationships that were in any way meaningful.

I wish I could tell you how to cope with it, but I don’t know how to do it myself :confused:

But if you ever want some online company or support, you can always message me on here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

AHH bless you this was written nearly a year ago now it’s so powerful reading it back,how my life has change so wet much ,I’m working a program I have amazing supportive friends,my relationship with family and kids are amazing,trust has been built and given back,I’m not a slave to a drug and in learning how to react to my emotions,this is just a few of the things I’ve been working on in the past year of my recovery.im so very blessed and grateful today​:pray::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

3 Likes

Well, maybe that was just what I needed to hear then. I get so lonely sometimes, and it feels like I’ll never be able to connect with another human being again. But you did it… So maybe I can too.

2 Likes

Hi emma just hang in there im dont know what u like ta do but with me when the thoughts arise i like building stuff find a hobby ive learned ta make beaded jewelry its fun and its nice in thee end when u look at the result then u think damn its been that long and i havent had ta use then u really happy ur doing great hang in there if u ya need drop a word or two someone will chat with ya best wishes midknight

2 Likes

Thanks for support this was actually written a year ago nearly not sure why it’s bk in thread ,I see your new welcome

Hi thanks for the welcome ive been sober almost 16 months i find keeping busy is best for me

2 Likes

Not sure why its back either. But it was helpful to me to read, as lonliness “or attempts to be alone” are my stress points. I really need to work on this and just be able to sit and feel. So picking this post and reading the suggestions and ideas has helped me.

Thanks friends. I am back lets try this again

1 Like

Emma…loneliness is the worst feeling ever. And with being an addict…you feel like almost nothing can fill that hole. Most of the time…only time can heal that feeling. I am 112 days in and I STILL feel that hole there. When im off work and I wanna relax I would usually pop a bar. But now I ENJOY the things I didnt before. Laying in bed, my dogs, television, cleaning my house…normal things. Its the hardest thing but you are not alone. Xoxo

3 Likes

I’m not in this place anymore so I send a message of hope this thread is nearly a yr old I’m happy to say my life isn’t so lonely anymore BC I’ve built a life as I sure didn’t have one before,. meetings service,TS app building relationships with kids family and friends just went on a weekend camperoo AA weekend with yoga meditation and the beach just up the rd I send the message that if we are willing to get outta our comfort zone face our fears with great choices not always easy but it does help fill that void.all the best well done in your clean time :pray::purple_heart:

1 Like