Looking for a new roommate

So, it’s that time of year where I’m looking for a different place to live. I’ve put an add on Craigslist. I mentioned that I was living a clean and sober life. Does anyone here live with others that are also clean and sober? If so, did you feel like it positively impacted your sobriety??

4 Likes

I don’t see how it wouldn’t be great for you! My roommate is completely sober and it’s a game changer. I would just make sure they know how serious you are when you meet or talk to them. I have friends that say they really don’t drink but then in the right circumstances that’s not exactly the case. Personally, I can’t even chance that.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m hoping to find people who are way farther along than me haha

2 Likes

That is definitely a good point!

1 Like

My roommate is in AA. He’s a year ahead of me in the program. It’s like a normal living arrangement, except we don’t drink and go to meetings lol

4 Likes

I’ve looked at the postings and they don’t allow you to bring your own furniture…and I can furnish a 1/1 by myself haha I also haven’t seen if they’re dog friendly. Bella boo bops is coming with me regardless of where I wind up

2 Likes

I’m just going to live vicariously through you.

1 Like

Do so at your own risk. I waited until I had 6 months until I decided to re-enter society and engage in living. Until then my sole focus was no drinky no druggy

1 Like

I don’t want my craziness to spread lol

That is a lie lol

1 Like

haha I don’t think I want to live with children at this time in my life, but I’ll take your word for it :wink:

Have you ever lived with anybody you don’t know before? They could be into alcohol and drugs but contact you because of the Ad (just playing devils advocate)

Hope it goes well and you find somewhere :grin:

2 Likes

I definitely have! haha and they were quite into drugs/alcohol :joy: but, I was on the other side of the country and the only other people who contacted me were families or old men who said if I had sex with them, I could live in their house for free :upside_down_face:

Hardy har har. Do you really think I need to be buying it?

1 Like

LOL, well since he’s not old, I’d say he doesn’t quite meet criteria :joy:

1 Like

Not recently :thinking::wink:

Y’all got jokes

1 Like

Or did you walk into that…?

1 Like

Didn’t take you long to figure out that the second favorite activity here, after staying clean, is bashing on Derek lol.

2 Likes

Yes, I see that! Lol I’ll be your knight in shining armor :kissing_heart:

2 Likes