Looking for AAs

The last few days were a blur. Guilt. Shame. & for the past day I have been detoxing. Thank goodness for my mother. Ive been looking for AAs around me now because this is not fair for my family. My boyfriend finally had enough & left when I relapsed & moved out. I dont blame him. I wish I could get rid of this finally. I need to take control of my life for me.
2 days down

3 Likes

Glad you’re here. Good to hear that mom is in your corner, too.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about the boyfriend, but thankfully your mother is supportive. Are you not able to find any AAs around you? What area do you reside?

1 Like

I can help you find a meeting

1 Like

Bronx new york. I tried going to one and it was all in spanish. Although I speak spanish I would be more open to english. Also a closed meeting preferily. I work from 9 to 5 so anything afterwards.

I saw the hurt in my moms eyes & enough is enough. Clean 2 days.

Bronx new york

Have you looked here: https://local.soberrecovery.com/Alcoholics_Anonymous_Meetings_Bronx_NY-r1299040-Bronx_NY.html

1 Like

I don’t know if you do Facebook, but I am connected with the Young People AA in NYC. Find me on Facebook (if you want) Derek English, and I can add you to their group.

3 Likes

Welcome! You are in the right place. I see you tried to get to a meeting - keep trying until you find ones that you like. Here is a listing for the Bronx: https://www.nyintergroup.org/meetings/?tsml-region=bronx

There are many of us here on the forum. Welcome! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Others already shared some good resources here :slight_smile: as a fellow member of AA I want to give you a big warm welcome to our fellowship! Going to meetings, getting a sponsor, and working the 12 steps helped me pull my life out of a horrific tailspin and helped me build a life I actually want to live. I believe you can have the same benefits if you keep reaching out like you are and are willing to do some work for it. Glad to have you on this forum Julissaamaya!

5 Likes

Hope you go to a meeting they will help you ,helped me stay sober wish you well

1 Like