Looking for friends

Hey! So, uh, I’m a sixteen year old girl. My family and I recently moved, but then all this Miss Rona stuff happened and so making friends has been…hard. I was wondering if maybe there is anyone around my age (15-18ish) that might be willing to be online friends…? I’ve never done this before, so this feels a bit awkward​:joy:. Anyways, that’s all. :black_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome. There are a few young people on here, and perhaps some of them would like to be online friends. On this app, you can PM users, or great your own private thread.

One question: are you currently seeking to be free some addiction? Your original post didn’t specify.

2 Likes

Thanks!
Yes, I am dealing with an addiction to self harm.

You may already be aware of this info, but doesn’t hurt to post it here just in case! :pray::sparkling_heart:

There are other people here dealing with self-harm, and some younger people, but the majority of people on this app are 18+.

The Mighty is another forum that has lots of support for health (including mental health) https://themighty.com/ - may be worth a look too :blush:

If you do a search :mag: for self-harm, you can sort by recent posts to see who is active at the moment and working through this particular addiction.

3 Likes

I know that text line. I have it saved to my phone, so I’m covered! Thank you!

3 Likes

There are several here battling self-harm. If you search a bit, you’ll find many posts on that very subject, and they are a great place to make those connections you seek.

1 Like

@anon89207786 is your age :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there, like @Ravikamor Rebarka said, I’m about your age, I’m 17. I don’t mind being your online friend. Beware that I have slim to no social skills and can be incredibly awkward lol

3 Likes

Haha, same! I suck at most social interaction…:grin:

2 Likes

It’s good to have friends. I don’t have many either. Things will get better

My grandma told me that “It’s better to have a few good friends than a lot of acquaintances.” I tend to agree with that assessment. :grin:

That’s so true!! Sounds like a great grandma you have there. Hows things going for you?

Pretty okay. Could be better, but that’s life I guess!:grin: how about you?

Yeah I know exactly what you mean… I relapsed last night so I feel foolish. Been trying to get back on track and do good for once! Ended up sleeping till 4pm to get rid of the hungover I had now I cant sleep and have work tomorrow

Yeah, I understand. Well, not exactly, but I understand the over sleeping and then under sleeping as a result. Not pleasant.
I used to take frequent “depression naps” and then read all night long because I’m a nerd like that. But in the long run it only made me more “The Big Sad.”
I haven’t had a hangover myself, but I have an ex boyfriend who has and he was quite articulate on how it feels. I am sorry. Truly.
Relapsing is nothing to be ashamed about. You are human and humans slip up sometimes. It will get better! :grin:

Yeah I like to read too.hangovers are very horrible… I very dislike them. I feel okay now. Just watching ghost stories like that will make me sleep lol. I sure hope things get better. I hate feeling disappointed my daughter looks up to me and she sees me drink and i never in my life wanted her to feel like a I’m a failure.

I hope things get better, as well! You have the wonderful privilege and responsibility of being a father, and you seem to love your daughter very much! And you are trying to get better, which, in my book, means you haven’t failed!

Thank you!

1 Like