Looking for personal advice or positive feedback :)

Hey everyone!!!

Im new on this app!! And i love it so far!!!
Im sober from drugs (crack) almost 5months now! But alcohol as been a real issue… i keep relapsing… so back on day 1 and almost 2… just wondering if you have any positive advise or feedback…

This disease as ruined my life and still comes back to hunt me. Im a single mom to a boy. I have full custody to my son. Being a mom is what keeps me going. Its a honor and proudness.

Thanks all and bless be!

Judy

8 Likes

Welcome! I am new as well! Day two, no alcohol. We can do this!

2 Likes

Thats great!!! Ive joined facebook groups about recovery and all! It helps!! Ill try that book!!! Thank you and we got this

1 Like

What helped me the most is being here every day and check in sober. I stripped my house of alcohol and avoided all alcohol related events the first 3 months of my recovery. I’ve read loads of recovery books and listened to podcasts like Recovery elevator.
I also read a lot here, there’s loads of info to find here aboud your addiction and how to bead it.
Take the alcohol addiction as serious as your crack addiction!
Take care♥️

2 Likes

Wow thank you!! You are so very helpfull :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

Judy, as Buts said take all the alcohol out of the house. You need to find a meeting, I don’t know difficult it is to work a meeting in between being a full time mother but you should find time. Try and stay on here and connect with us. Getting a sponsor would play a significant role. You won’t be able to do this on your own. I’m here if you need any help.

1 Like

Your amazing!!! Thank you!!! I have all alcohol out of the house! Believe me if it was here i would be drinking it!!! My other problemes see peoples who bring me alcohol… i have alot of connection! Ive distance myself from them and they been on going wondering… i just need time for myself!

Well done love for reaching out. I too only started just over a month ago and my problem is I’m a problem drinker. I cant take it or leave it so I have to leave it. I’ve taken the choise to TRY and go alcohol free. So far so good, I really hope you find the strength love to beat your demons. I feel your heartache in your words. But you have to find that young person you was before you had your unfortunate journey shes in there somewhere love believe me. I know you can do it love so come on dig in. I know one little lad who will be so proud of you love and he’ll get his positivity growing up from you. Good luck love I’ll be keeping an eye on your post :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Wow this made my night!!! Thank you so much!!!

Hi Judy, hope you had a good night and I’m glad you felt something from my text. There’s a lot of love out there for you love so just try to be strong xxxx

Welcome, Judy. Here are some resources that others here have used to maintain sobriety. Click the link. Give it a look. If anything looks like something you’d want to try. Try it!

Resources for our recovery

Keep reading and checking in here. :pray:t2:

1 Like

Hi Judy,
Well done on giving up crack. :facepunch: As well as checking in on this site there are a number of resources suggested in the following thread:
https://talkingsober.com/t/resources-for-our-recovery/52812

Best wishes for your continuing journey :pray:

1 Like