Looking for some different outlets

Looking for recovery resources that aren’t NA/AA related. I have 17 months sobriety and I’m getting burnt out with the recovery scene I’ve been apart of. Looking to expand my options and possibly give another route a chance…

4 Likes

Its nice to see your name again, and that you’re still sober. I’ve always followed your story since I’ve been here(I relate to a lot). I dont have advice for this, as my own options are few at the moment, but glad you’re still around :slightly_smiling_face: Hope you find what you’re looking for to keep going.

2 Likes

This is my companion to 12 step recovery.

3 Likes

I say try a few on this list and see if anything catches your eye: Resources for our recovery

1 Like

That really means a lot to me. Thank you for saying all that.
I somehow have stayed away from drinking. I’m just very slowly learning how to deal with very basic things and eMotions like I’m a toddler soMetimes. It seems so unmanageable.
Message me anytime you like if you are struggling!

1 Like

I just had a conversation about the drama surrounding Noah Levine with someone. I have attended refuge meetings as well as dharma. I guess I should utilize online meetings more due to lack of options in the area.

1 Like

I backed off of meetings when the whole thing with Noah came up as well. I used to participate in the national convention until then also. I still used the 8 fold path as part of my recovery and daily meditation is big for me. I created my whole spiritual outlook and ideas based off of what I learned in RR.

1 Like