Looks like I'm saying goodbye

Just for a while…I don’t have any social media any outside friends…anything so I found this app and thought HHMMM I’ll give it a try, open up to people who could sympathize, respect, make me feel comfortable around people again…
Now I find myself anxiety still, more paranoid, and checking this thing as if anyone actually really cares wth I’m doing so to those who have come off genuinely kind thank you and to those who made me question myself again, I hope that was not your intent…

3 Likes

@Jbishop don’t delete us, we are here for you!

Whatever you do best wishes and may god be with you. :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

5 Likes

I’m sorry if I came off as rude! I wanted to talk to someone. Are you doing okay??

@Jbishop, we DO care. I would hate to see you leave because you thought we didn’t. I go back and forth sometimes about how I feel about checking in on this forum so often and whether or not it is good for me. But then I remember it is our DISEASE that unites us and we all share wanting to BEAT it. I hope you won’t quit the forum. But if you do, best of luck to you!!

1 Like

@Jbishop, you can’t go. You’re so loved here, really. Do go, please. Your stuff is so fun to read. And you’ve only been with us for such a short time.

There is not one person I won’t cheer for on this forum you included. I think that most people on here feel the same way. I don’t know anyone from here on a personal level so take this as not a vein attempt to support you but something I’ve needed for my own recovery. It feels good to come on here and check in. Good luck to you on your journey!

3 Likes

Going through past posts, I don’t see how anyone made you question yourself. You’re fragile and feeling and that’s okay. People here do care. It’s hard to respond quickly sometimes. (jobs, kids, obligations, life) Its all about perspective. We hope you let go and decide to stay.

9 Likes

Hey @Jbishop I’m having some trouble understanding what you put down here - there might be a word or two missing, maybe a minor typo (?), but in any case the most important thing is your sobriety and taking care of yourself. Hope you’re back soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like @Oliverjava said, it’s hard to keep up sometimes! I definitely feel like there’s more people on here than when I joined in Dec. I just have to remind myself that I don’t need to read everything and if I miss something, I know someone else will jump in to support said person.

@Melrm also had a good point that sometimes in recovery (especially early on) we can be a little more sensitive or take things the wrong way. It’s fairly easy to do since we are in such a fragile state. Sobriety is hard enough, but the fact that we’re supposed to keep adulting on top of everything else - it can feel overwhelming. I don’t want you to go, but I wish you the best in whatever you decide!!!

4 Likes

I’m with you.

Keep coming back, we are all in this together :relaxed:

1 Like

I get where you are coming from in terms of feeling the need to constantly check this app. That could be a source of anxiety for sure. I have a bit of Internet addiction myself. I have also had days where I over think what I write or what someone else wrote or didn’t write. I regret missing some important posts and milestones now and then but life gets in the way. It has to come first.

I am sure no one intended to trigger your anxiety though. It is important that you just use this tool when you find it helpful.

6 Likes

I will miss you if you go. Although I may not say it, I feel a lot of myself in your posts. I am also BPD2 and I am mom. I can relate to so much to what you say that I consider you my “Sober Twin”.

If you ever need to talk, send me a msg.

Please take care of yourself, one day at a time!
San

2 Likes

You have no idea how much this means to me.

3 Likes

Great to see you and your cute baby raccoon here again @Jbishop!

1 Like

@Jbishop remember you help us with our sobriety just as we can help you. It’s new people to sobriety that help me because it helps remind me were I came from and that I don’t want to go back. The longer you are on here and the more you read and post helps you as much as it helps us. Don’t give up to fast it’s the disease talking.

5 Likes