Lot's of time to read. What's on your list?

My current read is Death by Black Hole (and Other Cosmic Quandries) by Neil deGrasse Tyson. Spoiler alert - If you still think the earth is flat or the center of the universe you are in for a rude awakening! If you’re having trouble finding a higher power, just look up at the night sky. “The heavens declare . . .”

9 Likes

I’m in the middle of the Malcom X autobiography by Alex Hale. And then for something completely different I’m going to read Mary. The Mary Tyler Moore Story :joy:. I use to have a crush on her.

2 Likes

I am currently reading Saint X by Alexis Shaitkin, which I am savoring as I find it enjoyable.

Other books I recently finished…

The Jetsetters by Amanda Eyre Ward

Smacked: A Story of White-Collar Ambition, Addiction, and Tragedy by Eilene Zimmerman

How To Murder Your Life by Cat Marnell

Next up…

Premka: White Bird in a Golden Cage by Pamela Dyson

2 Likes

starting train dreams - dennis johnson, then wide eyed - trinie dalton.

recently finished the heart is a lonely hunter, the remains of the day, and reread the plague.

got a couple recovery related books im reading as well

1 Like

Adding to list!!!

2 Likes

Oh @liv_m…I saw a trailer for Cosmos and heard his voice and teared up. Carl Sagan and Cosmos was truly an eye opening revelatory experience when I was a kid. Man, he was something and expanded the world for so many of us. I need to go look up some of the old show just to hear his kind voice again. :heart: So thank you for this reminder!!

Enjoy this small clip…

5 Likes

Reading Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown. Only just begun, but already loving it.

2 Likes

Getting ready to start Country Music USA by Bill Malone

Any and every book by Augusten Burroughs.

1 Like

Currently reading CarveTheMark by Veronica Roth…I know I’m a nerd…but I’m cool with it!!

Running With Scissors…I must read this again!!

1 Like

Honestly, every single book that he has written is phenomenal.

1 Like

Agreed! I have read many of them.

1 Like

Very nice! Love it. Thanks for sharing this. :v::cowboy_hat_face: (Carl Sagan video).

1 Like

Chuck C. A New Pair Of Glasses
Next: Sermon On The Mount by Emmit Fox

This is my to go video when I lose perspective. Sagan is my hero.

1 Like

Mine as well. :heart:

1 Like

That’s one of my favourite photos. I shared it in a presentation to a classroom in China when I was there teaching English. Across culture, across language, it’s still as powerful as it was when it was first taken.

1 Like

1 Like

Have got a few books off eBay recently and not started yet
Cancer and the new biology of water
Bioregulatory medicine
And the power of Now I pick up every so often, still not finished.

Oh and my x got me a Foraging book!.., found some wild garlic the other day on a walk so will be taking kids to forage on our walks :grin: