M.H.J mental/spiritual health

I didn’t know for many years that my mental health diagnoses(which were wrong, or rather incomplete until last November) went hand in hand with my addiction/s
Not just substances but my spiritual health as well, my fear and reactions.
I woke up since I was 3 years old from nightmares and crippled by fear. These things drove me towards and overboard with insanity as I got older. My insecurities fueled by the undiagnosed mental health. And worse I though I was weak, that everyone felt and dealt with what I did but just dir it better. I thought everyone felt how I did. So why couldn’t I just push through and be ok?
I have a lot of doctors over the years some good some bad and som awful and amazing. People who stayed and mostly left. I felt like I was the problem. Why did all the good ones leave?
It’s been a long journey. One worth the pain of healing and the trauma that cause it all.

I’m willing to bet that most of you have been where I was at. If mental health wasn’t so stigmatized maybe people would be healthier sooner.

I post only to say that it’s so important to get the help I need. Not just for myself but for those important people I surround myself with. That is a short list right now. But I am learning who is safe and worthy of all of me.

I hope everyone has hope through this post even if just a little. Just start, and see how it goes. There is a perfect storm and a sweet spot that we can all find. In that, I am confident.

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing!!

1 Like