Made 10 days. Didn't make 11

Was sort of on the brink of relapsing… Made a milestone which was oddly triggering.

My goal was to get to 10 days. Then I went to an AA meeting. I was on a high. I felt great. Opened up. Then got stressed
Then talked myself into a beer. I made the goal. I made the ten days. But I know that’s not good. I know I fucked up.

Then got some bad news about someone I knew that… Passed away. From Fetanol

And that two beers turned to four. But I’m done. I dumped the.other beers and am going to go to another meeting. I’m just sad, mad and going through too many emotions

2 Likes

You are honest and here and that’s a good thing! You did 10 days so you can do it! Do it again! Try to learn from your relapse and move on :facepunch:

2 Likes

What defines a person isn’t how many times they fall but how many times they get up. Start over, it’s ok, just don’t make relapse a habit.

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss pal😔

2 Likes

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Glad you’re trying again. I’ve had many resets, just don’t give up.

2 Likes

But you have proven that you can string ten days of sobriety in a row. You’ve held yourself accountable. Now recommit and get back after it.

I quit counting the 2,3,5, days I’ve had that peppered my last relapse. Prior to that, the longest stretch was about 3 months. I don’t know why I went back to drinking, all those previous times, but I know why I won’t ever give myself permission to drink, ever again.

So set your goal to be sober for life. Sobriety is simple: Don’t drink. Simple, but not easy. I’d never argue that it is easy. Each morning I commit to not drink this day. Each night I give thanks for not drinking.

3 Likes

Glad to see you get back at it.

If at first you don’t succeed, try try again! It’s worth it! I’m terrible for that myself. I stop for awhile and start feeling great, then since I’m feeling great I drink again, because I have a new sense of control which I quickly lose again. I was a year sober 8 months ago, now I’m back to day 3. It sucks to start a ground zero but try to think of what you get out of it. The days don’t matter, your life does, and even one day sober is a step in the right direction. Keep it up!

2 Likes