Made it through a guys' golf trip!

Went on a week long guys’ golf trip with 11 of my buddies. I was the only sober one the entire trip. I can’t believe I made it! Waking up and not being hung over made it a completely different experience. No real take aways, just excited I made it through what would normally be a week of destroying my body without giving into the temptation to join in the drinking.

15 Likes

Well done Shane,
I too play golf and travel with my golf buddies. I have been AF for 71 days and it has been a real adjustment on the golf course. I used to love the birdie “shots”, wine when we traveled and drinking when I played with my husband. Each day is a new day but feeling good is worth it. Stay :muscle:. Hope you won some money off your buddies being sober :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As someone who works at a country club golf course, I commend you on this feat :clap: Those guys go hard. I’d never seen such a casual view towards alcoholism amongst such highly successful people before. Working there changed my drinking habits quickly. I’m glad you made it through your trip :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes