Made it through the first weekend without a drink

Well it’s Monday morning and i’m not feeling like shit and i didn’t have much trouble waking up at the time i originally intended. Last weekend was the first time in a very long time i intentionally didn’t drink. I had a lot of thoughts and temptations all throughout the weekend but thanks to my fiancè being there to help me through this i got through the weekend. I also did attend an AA meeting yesterday and got a few numbers and i plan to go back to that next Sunday. This Friday me and my fiancè are heading up to DC and i got this cosplay event that’s running all weekend so hopefully this weekend’ll be a little easier on me. I’ve officially been sober for a whole week so far i just hope i can keep choosing to not pick up because i hope to see my life and my health improve

17 Likes

That’s awesome, congrats! I love DC… All the museums are free if you have time to kill. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Congrats on your first week sober!

3 Likes

Congratulations on your week!!!

3 Likes

We’re gonna be heading up there at night for a screening of The Room so no museums unfortunately but thank you for the suggestion!

3 Likes

Good for you @Arianna! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Awesome job! The first sober weekend is a hard one but then they become easier and more rewarding :slightly_smiling_face:. The early days can be tough but you only have to go through them 1 time. The path gets much easier if you keep moving forward. Best wishes

4 Likes

Congratulations :confetti_ball: now keep up the great work on you!

1 Like